Topic: Understanding II [Open Heavens for Teens 2 March 2020]
MEMORISE: Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, Luke 24:45
READ: Proverbs 2:1-12
- My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
- So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
- Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
- If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
- Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
- For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
- He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
- He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.
- Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.
- When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;
- Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:
- To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things;
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 28-29; Mark 9:1-29
Having established that true understanding comes from the Holy Spirit, you may begin to ask why some Christians do not exhibit understanding. You see, when you offend God and you refuse to have a permanent turn around, He can puncture your container of understanding and drain it (Job 17:4). Also, refusal to study God’s word daily will rob you of the understanding that God has prepared for you. Anger is another major drainer of understanding (Proverbs 14:29). Also, if you are paying more attention to worldly things and you want to use your understanding against God and His kingdom, you will lose it (Proverbs 21:30).
Desist from all these so that you can have understanding from God. If you don’t understand the scriptures you read and the dreams/visions you see then it is likely that you are guilty of one of these things. First, you must be very sure of your salvation, then ask the Lord for understanding from above today.
Father, please give ma an understanding heart today in Jesus’ name
1 When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2 Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3 Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
4 But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5 Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.