Want to shine and look refreshed? Then pamper your skin to make it glow, especially this season, when there are so much to eat and drink and enough going out. All these can take a toll on your skin and make it break out.
This is the season to pay attention to your skin and achieve that look you crave for.
1. Drink plenty of water to detoxify your body. Water hydrates cells, reduces fluid retention and flushes out toxins, such as alcohol.
2. Take vitamin supplements like vitamin D.
3. Indulge in leafy vegetables and fruits to make you look fresh and healthy, as well as help balance the effects of eating some of the holiday foods and drinks that are not so good for you.
4. Avoid taking too much salt as it draws moisture from the cells and leads to water retention that can result in puffiness around the eyes and drier skin.
5. Abstain from eating too much sugary things because sugar affects collagen production, and collagen is very important for healthy skin.
6. Try to get some sleep this season that is full of activities to keep you relaxed.
7. Also take time to exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells and leave it smooth.
8. Lastly, don’t forget to laugh because laughter is good for the heart.
Written by GERALDINE AKUTU