The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 11 November 2020 – Hell Is Real!
Topic: Hell Is Real!
Read: Revelation 14:9-13 (NKJV)
- Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives [his] mark on his forehead or on his hand,
- “he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
- “And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”
- Here is the patience of the saints; here [are] those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
- Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed [are] the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’ ” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.”
In today’s reading, the unequivocal doom that awaits the rebellious is clearly described. Scriptures have warned in sundry places that hell is REAL. As frightening as it is, mankind has nevertheless continued to degenerate into Satanism. Many have joined cults today in the quest for power and influence, wealth or protection for longevity. Sorcery and occult practices are choking life out of many that lack the stamina to withstand the onslaught. Many films and even children’s cartoons promote witchcraft while several so-called pastors are Satan’s contractors and soul-winners. The church of Satan is brimming with membership. All these constitute the worship of the beast.
What is more? The mark of the beast (irrevocable claim of ownership) is already here! Amazing how Biblical prophecy can be accurate in fulfillment! Though the scheme has been stalled for now, it is still on the way. Verse 13 describes the trauma of satanic worship as almost unbearable for the faithful. If one cannot buy or sell, how will one survive? That is why those who die will be better off. Are you willing to resist to the end or have you bowed? Ponder deeply on verses 10 and 11. No sacrifice, even death, is too much to escape such everlasting torment.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, please grant me the grace and courage not to bow.