The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 17 January 2020 – Praise My Soul, The King Of Heaven!
TOPIC: Praise My Soul, The King Of Heaven!
READ: PSALM 145 (NKJV)
- I will extol You, my God, O King; And I will bless Your name forever and ever.
- Every day I will bless You, And I will praise Your name forever and ever.
- Great [is] the LORD, and greatly to be praised; And His greatness [is] unsearchable.
- One generation shall praise Your works to another, And shall declare Your mighty acts.
- I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, And on Your wondrous works.
- [Men] shall speak of the might of Your awesome acts, And I will declare Your greatness.
- They shall utter the memory of Your great goodness, And shall sing of Your righteousness.
- The LORD [is] gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy.
- The LORD [is] good to all, And His tender mercies [are] over all His works.
- All Your works shall praise You, O LORD, And Your saints shall bless You.
- They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom, And talk of Your power,
- To make known to the sons of men His mighty acts, And the glorious majesty of His kingdom.
- Your kingdom [is] an everlasting kingdom, And Your dominion [endures] throughout all generations.
- The LORD upholds all who fall, And raises up all [who are] bowed down.
- The eyes of all look expectantly to You, And You give them their food in due season.
- You open Your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing.
- The LORD [is] righteous in all His ways, Gracious in all His works.
- The LORD [is] near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.
- He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them.
- The LORD preserves all who love Him, But all the wicked He will destroy.
- My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD, And all flesh shall bless His holy name Forever and ever.
This Psalm is a psalm of praise and expression of gratitude to God. The Psalmist begins by extolling the Lord; in verse 2 he says that he would bless God every day of his life. He took time to mention the qualities and goodness of God for which God deserves to be praised. Unfortunately many of us do not praise and extol the Lord. Some people concentrate their attention on counting their losses and woes. They fail to see all the good things God does for them. The devil will only show you woes and losses, but if you pause, count your many blessings and name them one by one, it will surprise you what the Lord has done. The truth is that in every circumstance of your life, there are some reasons to praise God. Carefully find these reasons.
One brother got wedded in November 2018. Ten days after, he was taking his wife to her place of work a couple of kilometers from their residence, and on the way, had a fatal accident. He lost one of his eyes and sustained multiple injuries. The wife had a fracture and wounds and both of them were admitted in a Teaching hospital. Many people asked “where is God?” “Why did God allow this to happen to this faithful brother?” Some others blamed God. When this brother was visited in the hospital, he was praising God for not allowing the devil execute his plan of killing him and his wife. People shuddered at this state of mind that could praise God in such a negative situation.
PRAYER: Sing this Hymn and pray with it.
Praise my soul the King of heaven
To His feet Thy tribute bring,
Ransomed, healed, restored, forgiven,
Who like me His praise should sing,
Praise the everlasting King.