The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 20 June 2020 – Sin Of Immorality
TOPIC: Sin Of Immorality
READ: Judges 19:22-30 (NKJV)
- As they were enjoying themselves, suddenly certain men of the city, perverted men, surrounded the house [and] beat on the door. They spoke to the master of the house, the old man, saying, “Bring out the man who came to your house, that we may know him [carnally!”]
- But the man, the master of the house, went out to them and said to them, “No, my brethren! I beg you, do not act [so] wickedly! Seeing this man has come into my house, do not commit this outrage.
- “Look, [here is] my virgin daughter and [the man’s] concubine; let me bring them out now. Humble them, and do with them as you please; but to this man do not do such a vile thing!”
- But the men would not heed him. So the man took his concubine and brought [her] out to them. And they knew her and abused her all night until morning; and when the day began to break, they let her go.
- Then the woman came as the day was dawning, and fell down at the door of the man’s house where her master [was,] till it was light.
- When her master arose in the morning, and opened the doors of the house and went out to go his way, there was his concubine, fallen [at] the door of the house with her hands on the threshold.
- And he said to her, “Get up and let us be going.” But there was no answer. So the man lifted her onto the donkey; and the man got up and went to his place.
- When he entered his house he took a knife, laid hold of his concubine, and divided her into twelve pieces, limb by limb, and sent her throughout all the territory of Israel.
- And so it was that all who saw it said, “No such deed has been done or seen from the day that the children of Israel came up from the land of Egypt until this day. Consider it, confer, and speak up!”
Gibeah was inhabited by the Benjamites. They were a tribe in Israel and were supposed to be people of God with Godly character but they failed in this regard. Yesterday, we saw their deficiency in hospitality. Today, we read about their sexual perversion. Their sexual rottenness portrays them as Sodomites not Israelites. They were involved in rape, fornication, homosexuality, etc. In fact, the best way to put it is that they claimed the form of Israelites but denied the life thereof.
We have the same situation in Christianity today. There are those who claim to be of the Church but are not Christians. They are involved in all forms of sexual pervasiveness. We hear of legalisation of gay-marriage, bestiality, lesbian couples, etc. You may not be guilty of the above listed perversions but what about fornication, adultery, masturbation, pornography, phone sex, etc. Take a decision to change your life style today!
PRAYER: Lord, save me from every form of immorality.