The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 18 June 2022 – The All-Surpassing God
TOPIC: The All-Surpassing God
READ: Ephesians 3:14-21 (NKJV)
- For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
- that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
- that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
- may be able to comprehend with all the saints what [is] the width and length and depth and height —
- to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
- Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
- to Him [be] glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
My last child shook the hands of the Vice Chancellor who visited their school. He displayed his hands with great joy and announced that he had become special for attaining such a feat.
Today’s passage describes some characteristics of the all-surpassing God: He is the Father of all fathers with a rich treasury of grace to strengthen all men (vv. 15-16); His power can do far above all that we dare ask or think (v.20); His ability transcends beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes or dreams. He is able to give us the nations and uttermost parts of the earth for our possession (Psa.1:8).
What should be our response to this all-surpassing God? My little boy was filled with joy and boldness that he encountered royalty. If you understand the greatness of this God, the mountains confronting you will diminish in your thoughts, and your faith and courage will rise above them. Your real concern should be to become more intimate with Him in personal prayers and fasting, dedicated daily Bible study with meditation to the intent that your heart and body will become wholly filled and saturated by Him. You will discover that He is greater than the greatest and stronger than the strongest.
His all-surpassing power and greatness will do more than you have been asking or thinking in Jesus’ name.
PRAYER: O God, I acknowledge your supremacy over my challenging situations and stand in faith above them in Jesus’ name, Amen.