The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 2 January 2022 – Tell Your Families And Friends About The Saviour
TOPIC: Tell Your Families And Friends About The Saviour
READ: JOHN 1:35-42 (NIV)
- The next day John was there again with two of his disciples.
- When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God!”
- When the two disciples heard him say this, they followed Jesus.
- Turning around, Jesus saw them following and asked, “What do you want?”
They said, “Rabbi” (which means “Teacher”), “where are you staying?”
- “Come,” he replied, “and you will see.”
So they went and saw where he was staying, and they spent that day with him. It was about four in the afternoon.
- Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, was one of the two who heard what John had said and who had followed Jesus.
- The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, “We have found the Messiah”, (that is, the Christ).
- And he brought him to Jesus.
Jesus looked at him and said, “You are Simon son of John. You will be called Cephas” (which, when translated, is Peter).
John the Baptist introduced Jesus as the Lamb of God, to his followers. Andrew presented Him to his brother Peter as the Messiah. There is a need for every believer to share the Gospel of Christ with his or her families and friends. Once men are introduced to Jesus, the ground is watered for their conviction by the Holy Spirit. John the Baptist presented Him as the Lamb of God, meaning the one God Himself will use as sacrifice; no wonder his two disciples wanted to hear from the horse’s month. Andrew called Him the Messiah.
It is your turn to present Him to your neighbours, families and friends. When you tell people about Christ, the Holy Spirit will take it as a platform to do great work in the hearts of your hearers.
PRAYER: Lord, please, reveal Yourself more and more to me. Amen.