The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 25 January 2022 – Called By Grace And Revelation Of Christ
TOPIC: Called By Grace And Revelation Of Christ
READ: GALATIANS 1:11-16a (NKJV)
- But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
- For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught [it,] but [it came] through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
- For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and [tried to] destroy it.
- And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.
- But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called [me] through His grace,
- to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,
Paul insisted that his calling was by revelation of Jesus and by grace. He was a persecutor of the followers of Jesus Christ out of zeal for God, in line with Jewish traditions but God elected to use him in spite of his being a prosecutor. Grace was at work in Paul’s calling.
Our calling is by grace too. Some of us were outright rebels against the ways of God before our calling, yet He called us. Are you zealous for your creator? Do you have experiential revelation of Christ? Which area has God assigned to you? Paul had zeal for God; he got a revelation of Christ and his area of assignment was clear to him: To preach to the gentiles. Therefore, let each believer develop zeal for God and things of God. God sees our inner hunger for him and often makes way for us to encounter him by revelation, and then He will usually assign a specific area of calling to us. Our responsibility is to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and to obey Him. Jesus remains the Way. Let us desire an encounter with the Lord who has put in place diverse areas of life to represent H im. Let each believer endeavour to identify his or her area of calling or ministry and diligently pursue the same.
PRAYER: Lord, grant me encounter with You by grace; help me to locate my area of calling and strengthen me to be diligent in it.