The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 26 December 2021 – You Can Behold His Glory
TOPIC: You Can Behold His Glory
READ: John 1:14-18 (NKJV)
- And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
- John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ “
- And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.
- For the law was given through Moses, [but] grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
- No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared [Him.]
John identifies Jesus as the Word who was in the beginning with God, and was God, who was life, and the light of men that came into the world. Although many did not receive Him, yet those who received Him were given the right to become children of God. The Word became flesh and lived among men! John walked with Him closely and tells us that what caught his (John’s) attention was the glory that he saw in Jesus. This glory refers to Christ’s personal excellence or majesty.
When Jesus walked among men, they saw His glory – the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, the glory of His grace (verses 14b-17), the glory of His truth (verses 14b, 17), the glory of His superiority (verse 15), and the glory of His revelation (verse 18). What a wonderful experience it must have been to behold the glory of Christ! It undoubtedly transformed the life of John and the others who saw Him. We may not have seen Jesus in the flesh, but we can still behold His glory even now, through the testimony of His apostles, the Word of God and when Jesus comes again in glory. When you behold His glory, let it transform your life. Then when Christ comes, we will be glorified together with Him!
PRAYER: Father, open my eyes that I may behold Your glory and be transformed in Jesus’ Name. Amen.