Topic: Still Dressed In White? [Open Heavens for Teens 13 May 2019]
Memorise: “And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:” – Revelation 1:17
Read: Revelation 3:1-6
- And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
- Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
- Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
- Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
- He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
- He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Bible In One Year: 2 Kings 6-8, John 4:31-54
A white robe is significant in many ways. It connotes festivities. While speaking of a feast, Revelation 19:7-9 says your garment must be white. This shows a correlation between feasting, holiness and anointing. If you want to celebrate and still remain a child of God, your robe of righteousness must not be stained. If your garment is soiled, your feast may soon end.
Similarly, white connotes victory and implies purity. Whenever you are in right standing with God, your purity shields you from defeat and failure. Furthermore, those who are in white robes are those whose names are in the book of life; if you defile your garment by living a lifestyle of sin, your name will be removed from the book of life. Stay away from anything that soil your white garment. Don’t just stay away, stay very far away from contaminants. Don’t even be friends with sinners because you can be splashed by dirt by such friends. The Bible says you should love everyone, not be friends with anyone.
Father, grant me the grace to live a lifestyle that keeps my name in the book of life in Jesus’ name.
1 When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for theres no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2 Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3 Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
4 But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5 Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.