Topic: It Doesn’t Take Much [Joyce Meyer Devotional 4 November 2019]
…you shall love your neighbor as yourself…. — Leviticus 19:18
One of the many reasons I love God’s Word is that it is full of little things we can do to bless, encourage, and strengthen one another—things that don’t take much time or cost much money. Here are some of the acts of kindness the Bible says we can and should do for one another:
- Watch over one another
- Pray for one another
- Look for kindnesses we can express to others
- Be friendly and hospitable
- Be patient with one another
- Bear with others’ faults and weaknesses
- Give others the benefit of the doubt
- Encourage one another
- Be loyal to one another
- Be happy for people when they are blessed
- Keep people’s secrets and don’t tell their faults
- Believe the best of one another
The ideas listed here are relatively simple things we all can do if we are willing. We don’t have to make special plans for most of them, but can do them throughout the day as we have opportunities.
Prayer Starter: Father, help me to truly love other people today—with my thoughts, attitudes and actions. allow others to see Your love and kindness through me. In Jesus’ name, amen.
From Joyce Meyer’s Ministries.