MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 5 March 2019 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Tithes and Offering
TOPIC: Tithes and Offering (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Daily Devotional 5 March 2019)
Bible In One Year: Numbers 32-34; Mark 9:30-50
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Malachi 3:8-10
MEMORY VERSE: “Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts.” – Psalms 96:8
Tithes and offerings are conditions Christians must meet in order to be blessed by God. It is so important to the Christian that it is mentioned both in the Old and New Testaments (Deuteronomy 14:22, 28; 26:12; Malachi 3:8-10; Luke 18:12, 21:4; Acts 24:17; Hebrews 7:5-6).
What is a Tithe? It is a practice of giving a tenth of one’s income or property as an offering to God. The custom was an ancient practice found among our fathers of faith. This practice extends into Hebrew’s history before the Mosaic laws.
This law prescribes tithing in some details with references spread across the Old Testament. In Malachi 3:3-12, Prophet Malachi spoke against robbing God by the children of Israel. He exhorted them to bring their tithes unto God in order to enjoy the blessings of God. In the Old Testament, people gave tithes for the following reasons:
- To support the Levites.
- To help the strangers.
- To bless the fatherless or orphans.
- To comfort the widows.
Our reference is Deuteronomy 26:12-13. The tithe was an appreciation or gratitude to God by the Jews. This is in recognition of the fact that God owns everything on earth.
In the New Testament, the Bible does not categorically command Christians to pay tithe. Nevertheless, as Christians, we should be generous in sharing what we have with the poor. Jesus is our model in giving, therefore what we give should be cheerfully, willingly and voluntarily given in the light of our accountability to God as faithful stewards.
What is the relevance of paying tithes and offerings to my life?
- It is God’s command.
- It is supported with blessings that are unimaginable.
- It is a sign of obedience to God.
- Obedience always attracts good rewards.
- It shows respect for God.
- It attracts generational blessings.
- It attracts generational curse also if not obeyed.
- It connotes deep fear of God.
Beloved, God has given us all we need to live a prosperous life. There are however laws that trigger prosperity. One of them is paying your tithes and offerings regularly. Do you?
IF YOU WANT TO LIVE LIKE FATHER ABRAHAM, PAY YOUR TITHES AND OFFERINGS REGULARLY.
May you be blessed forever like father Abraham.
- Oh Lord, help me to be faithful in paying my Tithes and Offerings, in the name of Jesus.
- I will not disappoint God in paying my Tithes and Offerings, in the name of Jesus.
- My Tithes and Offerings, you will be my ladder to greatness, in the name of Jesus.
- My Tithes and Offerings, you will be a source of blessings to me and others, in the name of Jesus.
- My Tithes and Offerings, you will not be a burden to me, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the divine blessings in paying my Tithes and Offerings, in the name of Jesus.
- Thank You Lord, for providing a source of blessing to my life through Tithes and Offerings, in the name of Jesus.
“If you missed yesterday devotional, please click to read MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional HERE
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, 07026385437 OR 08141320204.