MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 25 January 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Healing Your Emotions (I)
TOPIC: Healing Your Emotions (I) (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Daily Devotional 25 January 2021)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 38-40
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 4:17-30 (KJV)
17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
MEMORY VERSE: “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” – 3 John 2
Your thoughts affect your emotions, your emotions affect your decisions, and your decisions eventually affect your life positively or negatively. Therefore, make a choice!
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
AS YOU SURRENDER ALL TO GOD TODAY, HE WILL ADDRESS EVERY CRACK IN THE WALL OF YOUR LIFE, REMOULD AND RESHAPE YOU TO BECOME BETTER THAN BEFORE, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
God made everything beautiful from the beginning of the world. He declared them as “good” (Genesis 1:31). Whenever anything goes wrong, it is definitely not from God, but from self, sin or satan; the enemy of our soul. The Psalmist said that we are “fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalms 139:14a).
Emotion is an integral part of our being. It could be a mental reaction or a strong feeling in response to an occurrence or a person. It manifests through thoughts, actions and words. It can be positive or negative. It forms a relative percentage of a person’s character and may determine how far a person can go in life. It speaks about your level of success or failure in life. It is a revealer of your personality and who you are on the inside.
God expects His children to possess and manifest positive emotions. We are Christ’s and should emulate as well as demonstrate Christlike virtues. God has emotions. The same is true of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. We read of statements like, “and it pleased God”; “it grieved God”; “do not grieve the Holy Spirit”; “Jesus wept” and many more. God is the embodiment of love. Jesus is the Prince of Peace! The Holy Spirit provokes joy in believers. That is why we are enjoined to cultivate the fruit of the Spirit as stated in Galatians 5:21-22.
Negative emotions are all rooted in the works of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21). The Bible warns us seriously against such. Those who engage in it will not inherit the Kingdom of God. These works of the flesh include anger, pride, fear, hatred, envy, bitterness, strife, malice, sadness, unstable moods, selfishness, self-centeredness, unforgiveness, ungodly thoughts and negative imaginations, foul language and many more.
The very root of all of these is the heart or mind of man. Proverbs 4:23 counsels that you keep your heart with all diligence and not allow negativity to invade and dominate it. Your emotions should therefore spring from pure and godly motives and not from negative and selfish motives. Living in carnality as a child of God and not walking in the Spirit would make you satisfy the lusts of the flesh and not the Spirit of God (Galatians 5:16-18). This is a sin, an indication that there is no indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.
If the vessel of your life has been polluted with these negative emotions, how then can you claim to be holy? (1 Corinthians 3:16-17). There is need for a purging, a spiritual sanitation of your heart by the power of God. He is our Maker and can put right whatever goes wrong. He is the Potter and knows where the clay is marred. He can bring out the better you from the satanic mess of negative emotions. Don’t pamper them; rather, cry to God in prayer, discipline yourself and let Him help you think, talk and be better behaved. I pray for a new you, in the name of Jesus.
- Fire of God, purge my heart, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, flush out evil throughs and negative imaginations from my mind, in the name of Jesus.
- I bind and cast out mind-polluting demons, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and heal my mind, in the name of Jesus.
- Power to behave wisely, come upon me now, in the name of Jesus.
- Whatever has gone wrong with my thinking, O God, arise and correct it, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, teach me to live as You live, and love as You love others, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – January 25, 2021 – DAY 19
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- Father, in the name of Jesus, let Your Power begin to knock down, every strange power within and without the church, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and pass through the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries worldwide and root out every agent of defilement and pollution, in the name of Jesus.
- That which the Lord has written concerning this church, you power that has written impossibilities on it, receive the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let all the evil forces opposing this church, begin to rise up against one another, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, seeking my head for evil arrows, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every spirit of mortuary, hanging upon me and my helpers, die, in Jesus’ name.
- O hand of God, arise, and drive out of my life, every evil hand inviting dark visitors into it, in the name of Jesus.
- Ancient demons, residing in me, you are not my father and
mother, get out of me and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every curse, making me to get evil, in any good I do, break by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- Every load of darkness, that will not allow me to succeed, catch fire, in Jesus’ name.
- Load of the wicked elders, residing in my body, come out and catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every load of wicked elders that has constituted evil on my head, go back to your senders, in the name of Jesus.
- Fire of God, dry up all evil rivers, keeping the source of my problems, in the name of Jesus.
- Wicked elders, cursing me, receive the slap of death, in the name of Jesus.
(G.O’s PRAYER ASSIGNMENT)
O God arise, show me who I am, in the name of Jesus
O God arise, show me the secrets of my life, in the name of Jesus.
O God arise, show me beneficial secrets about my life, in the name of Jesus.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234 (803) 078-0919 OR +234 (817) 363-1657.