Open Heaven 17 November 2019 Sunday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Why I will not Suffer Want
Topic: Why I will not Suffer Want (Open Heaven 17 November 2019)
Memorise: “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.” – Psalm 23:1
Read: Psalm 23:1-6 (KJV)
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Bible in One Year: Job 30-32, Amos 4:4-13
Open Heaven 17 November 2019 Sunday MESSAGE:
“14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.” – 1 John 5:14-15
This scripture reveals that as children of God, we should have the kind of confidence that David had when he penned words of Psalm 23:1. Why would a child of God not be in want? It is because the Shepherd of our lives, the Almighty God, is also our Provider. For this reason, our Good Shepherd makes us to lie down in green pastures, and as if that is not enough, this same Jehovah Rohi leads us besides the still waters. Psalm 23:3 reveals righteous living as another secret to a life of not being in want. Speaking of this, Proverbs 14:34 says:
“Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.”
In other words, if you do not want to suffer lack, live a holy life. The reason why I don’t need to be persuaded to live holy is because having tasted poverty in the real sense of it and also tasting a little life of abundance, I know that the latter is far better than the former, and I have traced the life of abundance I enjoy to the time I gave my life to Christ. So, I have made up my mind that I will be obedient to God’s word in its entirety, which is what holiness is all about.
When you study David’s life, you will discover that one of the secrets to his life of abundance is that he was fearless. Some people are afraid of venturing into projects or careers that would bring them abundant material blessings because of the fear of death. Not David! Even when King Saul tried to persuade him not to fight Goliath for fear of him getting killed, he was not deterred (1 Samuel 17:33). He boldly declared in Psalm 23:4 that though he walked through the valley of the shadow of death, he would fear no evil, because the Good Shepherd was with him. After he became king, he lacked nothing because he did not allow the fear of death to rule his life. To sum it all up, he said in Psalm 23:6:
“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.”
This verse is a great lesson to those who stop presenting themselves in worship before God in His sanctuary after receiving an initial blessing from Him. Consequently, their supplies dry up in a short while due to their ingratitude. To remain connected to the One who daily loads you with benefits, abide in His presence and give Him the worship He deserves. When you continually do this, He will show Himself as the Mighty Provider in your life.
Open Heaven 17 November 2019 Sunday Prayer Point:
Father, I confess anew that you are the Shepherd of my life, please don’t let me lack any good thing that I need to fulfil my destiny.
Scroll down for RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 17 November 2019 Sunday Hymn 7: My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less
1 My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name
On Christ the solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand
2 When darkness hides His lovely face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil
3 His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood
When all around my soul gives way
He then is all my hope and stay
4 When He shall come with trumpet sound
Oh may I then in Him be found
Dressed in His righteousness alone
Faultless to stand before the throne
RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER SUNDAY 17TH NOVEMBER
DAY 17: PRAYER FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE
TEXT: 1 Timothy 2:1-3.
For us to achieve good governance in our nation (Put your country), we need to cry to God to divinely intervene in our government. Isaiah 9:6-7, 1 Timothy 2:1-3.
- Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me. Bless His Holy name. Psa 103: 1
- Thank God for a new day and for the salvation of your soul
- Let us bless the name of the Lord. Truly; it has been of the LORD’S mercies that we were not consumed, because his compassions* has not failed us. Lam 3:22 Psa 34:1
- Father, we thank you for the government of our country (Put your country)
- We confess and repent of all the sins of (Put your country) and leaders. 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Father; clothe our leaders in my nation with your fear and wisdom in Jesus’ name. Proverbs 15:33, 9:10
- Father; deliver all our leaders from every form of deafness and blindness in Jesus’ name. Matthew 15:14
- Father; please uproot every plant you have not planted in (Put your country) in Jesus’ name. Matthew 15:13
- Father; introduce yourself to our leaders as the one that rules in the affairs of men and let them bow before you as Nebuchadnezzar did in Jesus’ name. Daniel 4:36-37
- Oh Lord; let your will be done in (Put your country) as it is in heaven. Matthew 6:10
- Almighty God; please do something in my nation (Put your country) that will cause men to believe that you, the Most High, rule in the kingdom of men in Jesus’ name. Daniel 4:17
- Oh God; turn the hearts of our rulers to do only your will in our Nations in Jesus’ name. Proverbs 21:1
- Father, deliver our leaders from committing abominable acts so that (Put your country) will be established in righteousness. Proverbs 16:12
- We declare that Jesus is Lord over (Put your country) in Jesus’ name.
- Father, raise Godly leaders like David, Samuel, Joseph and Daniel for us in (Put your country) to manage our resources and revive our economy in Jesus’ name.
Open Heaven 17 November 2019 Sunday Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC. Open Heaven 17 November 2019 Sunday Daily Devotional.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.