Open Heaven 20 February 2020 Thursday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – The Efficacy of Prayer
Topic: The Efficacy of Prayer (Open Heaven 20 February 2020)
Memorise: “Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” – James 5:16
Read: Mark 11:24 (KJV)
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Bible in One Year: Leviticus 22-23
Open Heaven 20 February 2020 Thursday MESSAGE:
There is a common mistake to some children and enemies of God – they underrate the efficacy of prayer. Prayer is the control tool in the spiritual realm. While it may appear that nothing is happening in the physical, the truth is things are shaping up in the spiritual.
Someone could argue that prayer does not put food on the table, but that’s not true. Sometimes ago, one of my spiritual daughters abroad delivered a set of twins. Unfortunately, not long after, they lost their means of livelihood and life became very difficult. One day, there was nothing to eat and the husband was not home. So, the woman resorted to praying, and petting the twins who were crying in hunger.
Meanwhile, a Christian group in the neighborhood was evangelizing from door-to-door. According to their schedule, they had finished for the day, but the leader of the group said “Let us go to one more house.” Incidentally, they went to my daughter’s house. When he had finished preaching. She apologized for not having offered him anything to drink, because there was nothing at home. He was surprised. He asked for her husband and she explained that he had no means of income but was out of the house at the moment. Immediately, the evangelist left for the supermarket to get food for the family and their babies. When he returned, he asked my daughter to tell her husband to see him in the office the next day. The husband went and got a new job. Imagine if my daughter had not prayed; the family could have gone hungry that night and their condition may have persisted.
Prayer does not give you the liberty to stop working and working does not mean you should stop praying. It simply makes your work fruitful. Instead of excessive worrying, get on your knees and pray. Before you talk to that person you think can be of help, talk to God.
“Pray without ceasing.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Pray always. When you do so, nothing will be impossible for you to achieve.
Open Heaven 20 February 2020 Thursday Key Point:
God answer prayers and He will answer yours in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 20 February 2020 Thursday Hymn 24: Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior
1 Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.
Hear my humble cry,
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.
2 Let me at Thy throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief;
Kneeling there in deep contrition,
Help my unbelief.
3 Trusting only in Thy merit,
Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
Save me by Thy grace.
4 Thou the spring of all my comfort,
More than life to me,
Whom have I on earth beside Thee,
Whom in Heav’n but Thee.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
RCCG FIFTY (5O) DAYS FASTING & PRAYER GUIDE FOR THURSDAY 20TH OF FEBRUARY, 2020
DAY 41: PRAYER AGAINST SICKNESS & INFIRMITIES, TEXT: Exo 15:26, JaS 5:15, Psa 107:20-21, 1Pet 2 :24, Mal 4 :2. Sickness originated from the fall of man in the garden of Eden. The force behind sickness is Satan. The will of God Almighty is that we should enjoy sound health all the days of our life here on earth. It is the prayer of faith that rescues a man from the wilderness of sickness.
- Thank God for His mercy that endureth for ever over us. Psa 136:1
- Thank God for His healing power and grace that is sufficient for us. Psa103:3
- Father, forgive us of any sin that has brought sickness upon any one of us. Psa 107:1
- I command every evil handwriting justifying sickness in my life to be wiped away by the blood of Jesus. Col 2:14
- Father I pull down any stronghold of sickness attached to my destiny in Jesus name. 2Cor 10:4
- In the mighty name of Jesus, I break into piece any altar of sickness fighting my life. Deut. 7:5
- Holy Ghost, please remove any garment of sickness from my life in Jesus name.
- I command any arrow of sickness in my body to go out now in Jesus name. Psa 18:14
- I terminate any acquired sickness at my birth in the mighty name of Jesus. Joh 9:1
- Father, let your power heal me of any stubborn sickness that want to kill me before my time. Joh 11:4
- Father, by redemption, any sickness that kills people untimely in my family will not kill me.
- King of glory! Terminates any terminal sickness that runs in my family.
- Father, in your mercy, heal and save any member of my family that is sick.
- I command every seed of sickness planted in my body to beuprooted in Jesus name. Matt 15:13
- Father, I claim my total freedom from any sickness in my life in Jesus name. Joh 8:36.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.