Open Heaven 20 November 2019 Wednesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – How to Flourish in Life
Topic: How to Flourish in Life (Open Heaven 19 November 2019)
Memorise: “If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:” – Isaiah 1:19
Read: Isaiah 1:19-20 (KJV)
19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
Bible in One Year: Job 39-42, Amos 7
Open Heaven 20 November 2019 Wednesday MESSAGE:
If you will flourish in life, one thing you need is simple obedience. When Jesus told a dejected fisherman, who had toiled all night but caught nothing to once more launch into the deep and let down his net for a great catch, his response in Luke 5:5b was:
“Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.”
The result of his simple obedience was a net-breaking and boat-sinking haul of fish, which had the capacity to transform his life forever. Beloved, God knows more than you do. Isaiah 40:28 says there is no searching of His understanding. If God instructs you to do something, please don’t argue with Him, because compared to Him, you don’t know anything. 1 Corinthians 1:25 says:
“Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.”
If God says “this is the way” and looks like a bush to you, I would advise you to simply go through that bush and don’t try to rationalize what God has said. When God asks you to do something and you don’t understand it because it doesn’t make sense to you, just remember that simple obedience is the key to flourishing.
When I became born again, I had a lot of problems with tithing. I said to myself, “what are these people talking about? One hundred percent is not enough, yet you are asking me to give ten percent. How will ninety percent handle what a hundred percent cannot cover?” Indeed, tithing doesn’t make mathematical sense, but when you are dealing with God. It won’t always make sense. He is too big for you to understand with your little brain. It took me a while before I began to tithe, but I started and suddenly thing began to change for the better. The first thing that happened after I paid my tithe was that I got to my office and my head of department called me and asked why I had not requested any money for my research. At that time, I didn’t even know that there was any money provided to fund research. He then explained to me that I needed money so I could travel to gather data, and he asked me to apply for certain sum. When I heard the amount, I couldn’t believe it; I thought something had gone wrong with my hearing! When God decides to help you, He will give you instructions, and your flourishing will be determined by how well you obey these instructions. Are you walking in simple obedience?
Open Heaven 20 November 2019 Wednesday Key Point:
Those who cannot obey the ridiculous cannot receive the miraculous from God.
Scroll down for RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 20 November 2019 Wednesday Hymn 3: Trust And Obey
1 When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2 Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3 Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
4 But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5 Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER WEDNESDAY 20TH NOVEMBER
DAY 20: PRAYER FOR SAFETY ON OUR WAYS
TEXT: Psalms 91
- Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me. Bless His Holy name. Psa 103: 1
- Thank God for a new day and for the salvation of your soul
- Let us bless the name of the Lord. Truly; it has been of the LORD’S mercies that we were not consumed, because his compassions *has not failed us. Lam 3:22 Psa 34:1
- The horse is prepared against the day of battle; but safety is of the Lord. Proverbs 21:31, Psalms 91:1-16, Psalms 121
- Father; thank you for your usual protection over your children. Deuteronomy 31:6
- Father, as your people travel for the Holy Ghost Congress, let your presence go with them in Jesus’ name. Exodus 33:14-15
- As they travel along the way, cause their enemies to be as still as stones in Jesus’ name. Exodus 15:16
- Father; guide and lead your people beside the still waters in Jesus’ name. Psalms 23:2
- As many as will be coming for the Holy Ghost Congress, Father protect their coming and going, protect their homes and family from every danger in Jesus’ name. Psalms 121:7, Psalms 121:8
- Father, please command your guiding angels to take care of all your children and their families as they come for the Holy Ghost Congress in Jesus’ name. Psalms 91:11
- Father, let anyone who plan to attack your children fall in Jesus’ name. Isaiah 54:15
- Father, throughout the period of Holy Ghost Congress and beyond, be with your children to protect them in Jesus’ name. Jeremiah 1:8
- Father by your grace and mercy, there shall be no loss during the congress in Jesus’ name. Luke 21:18
- Father, be around your people throughout the year and beyond in Jesus’ name. Psalms 125:2
- Oh God, please lead and guide your people with your pillar of cloud in the day and fire in the night in Jesus’ name. Exodus 13:21-22
Open Heaven 20 November 2019 Wednesday Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC. Open Heaven 20 November 2019 Wednesday Daily Devotional.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.