Open Heaven 25 November 2020 Wednesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Looking For Greener Pastures?
Topic: Looking For Greener Pastures? (Open Heaven 25 November 2020)
Memorise: And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of: – Genesis 26:2
Read: Genesis 26:1-4, 12-17 (KJV)
1 And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.
2 And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:
3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
12 Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.
13 And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:
14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.
15 For all the wells which his father’s servants had digged in the days of Abraham his father, the Philistines had stopped them, and filled them with earth.
16 And Abimelech said unto Isaac, Go from us; for thou art much mightier than we.
17 And Isaac departed thence, and pitched his tent in the valley of Gerar, and dwelt there.
Bible In One Year: Acts 17:1-18:18
Open Heaven 25 November 2020 Wednesday MESSAGE:
It is no longer news that every day, lots of people flock out of developing countries in search of greener pasture in developed nations. It is saddening when we hear of those who are so desperate that they go abroad through boats that are death traps or by walking through the deserts and terrible weather conditions. Thousands have died and many others have been kidnapped and used as sex slaves because they were so desperate to leave their country in search of greener pastures.
The principles of success are as effective in your nation as they are in the developed world, and as a Christian, you have a greater advantage in the word of God and the presence of His Holy Spirit in you.
Now, I am not saying you cannot achieve greatness anywhere aside from your home country, after all, Daniel and Joseph succeeded tremendously in Babylon and Egypt respectively. However, if you cross the borders without an instruction from God, you may just be leaving God’s plans for you behind. You are to ask God where you ought to be per time and His direction will keep you on the right path. You may say “Oh, but the situation in my country is not favourable at all”; well, Isaac was in such a situation too in Genesis 26, but God told him to stay in that same land in spite of the famine and he eventually prospered so much that he became the envy of the nation. God told him in Genesis 26:3:
“Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee;…”
This is all that you should be after: the presence of God with you. It is that same presence that made Joseph succeed, according to Genesis 39:2-3:
“2 And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian. 3 And his master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand.”
Seek God’s face to know His will for your life. His presence will be with you as you obey Him and the works of your hands will prosper greatly in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 25 November 2020 Wednesday Key Point:
Only go where God has instructed you to go.
Open Heaven 25 November 2020 Wednesday Hymn 19: My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less
- My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
- When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
- His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
- When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD DIRECTORATE OF PRAYER THIRTY (30) DAYS PRAYER GUIDE TOWARDS THE REALISATION OF A NEW NIGERIA
DAY 23: WEDNESDAY25TH NOVEMBER, 2020.
TOPIC: EVANGELISM /SOUL WINNING/
BIBLE TEXT(S): MATTHEW 28:18-20, MARK 16:15-18
Evangelism is the preaching of gospel to people who do not believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as their saviour.
- Father; I thank you for saving me in other to save others in the name of Jesus. Eph. 2:8-9
- Oh Lord, we proclaim your name among nations and your deeds. Psa 105:5.
- Lord; you said that those who win souls are wise, help me to be among the wise that win souls in Jesus name. Proverb 11:30
- Father, help us to break new grounds in evangelism, frustrate the effort of the anti-Christ in Jesus name. (Please pray this until you are satisfied).
- Father cause all your people to become willing in wining souls in the name of Jesus. Isaiah 6:8
- Father; may we never close our mouth, but to tell people what you have done in Jesus Name. Isaiah 12:4
- Father, help us to always turn to you and to teach people to turn to you at all times in Jesus name. Isaiah 45:22
- Father, let your word have its rightful place in the hearts of all in Jesus name. Prov. 21:1.
- Father, disappoint the devices of the crafty let not their hands perform their enterprise as touching to soul wining, in Jesus name. Job 5:12
- Father; let every evil hand against evangelism and soul wining in our nation be paralyzed in the name of Jesus. Col. 2:14, 2cor. 10:5
- Oh Lord uproot every evil thing in our nation that is hindering evangelism in thy name of Jesus. Matthew 15:13
- Let spiritual and physical wickedness in our nation standing against soul wining be terminated now in Jesus name.
- Father; revoke every decree against evangelism and soul winning in our nation in the name of Jesus. Matthew 18:18, Psalm 44:5.
- Every gate that is standing against evangelism and soul wining in this nation be destroyed in the name of Jesus. Isaiah 26:2, Psalm 24:7.
- Every strong man in our nation that is standing against evangelism and soul wining be bound in Jesus name. Mark 3:27
- Oh Lord, empower our nation to resist every opposition against evangelism and soul wining in Jesus name. James 4:7, 1Cor. 16:9.
- Oh Lord deliver our nation from the hand of the liars through evangelism and soul wining in the name of Jesus. Jeremiah 7:8, Eph. 4:25.
- We destroy by fire every evil altar resisting evangelism and soul wining in our nation, in Jesus name. 1 Kings 13:5
- Oh Lord, restore and renew the strength of soul wining and evangelism in this nation in Jesus name. Isaiah 40:1
- Oh Lord, frustrate every government legislation working against evangelism and soul winning in this nation in Jesus name.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.