Open Heaven 26 February 2020 Wednesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – The End Matters More
Topic: The End Matters More (Open Heaven 26 February 2020)
Memorise: “Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.” – Ecclesiastes 7:8
Read: Hebrews 12:1-4 (KJV)
1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Bible in One Year: Numbers 7
Open Heaven 26 February 2020 Wednesday MESSAGE:
Many people are so focused on today that they miss out on what is most important – the end. Esau had a bad beginning, but somewhere along the line, he repented. Instead of killing his brother, he hugged him. He became so successful that he had four hundred bodyguards. Levi started with a curse but later became the first born of the Most High God because he chose to be on the Lord’s side. One of the criminals crucified along with Jesus started badly but made it to paradise. Paul the Apostle started as a persecutor of Christians but ended as a great evangelist and Apostle. However, King Saul started well but ended badly. As for me, I will end well. What about you? Your future is in the hands of two people – God and you.
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.” Hebrews 13:8
Since God is unchangeable, righteous, and His word is yea and amen, His part is settled. This means that your future is in your hands. Hence, you can direct it as you wish, positively or negatively. Some have chosen to sell their future like Esau did in Genesis 25:29-34. Today, many have exchanged their future for financial gains. As a sinner, even if you pay tithes and offerings, know that no amount of money can compare with God’s plan for your future. As uncontrolled weakness can also damage the future. Moses compromised his future after forty years of ministry because of uncontrolled temper (Numbers 20:7-13). David brought a curse on himself and his linage because he committed adultery and murder.
However, you can save your future by sowing into it. In 1 Kings 17:8-16, the widow of Zarephath sowed her last meal, then she and her son had enough to eat for the rest of their lives. You too can secure your future through absolute obedience to God. As soon as Elijah dropped the mantle on Elisha in 1 Kings 19:19-21, the latter surrendered all and never looked back. If there is anything you have done in the past that can destroy your future, I break its hold over you now in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 26 February 2020 Wednesday Reflection:
What are the measures you are taking towards a glorious future for yourself?
Open Heaven 26 February 2020 Wednesday Hymn 25: Rock Of Ages, Cleft For Me
1 Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.
2 Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.
3 Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.
4 While I draw this fleeting breath,
When my eyes shall close in death,
When I rise to worlds unknown,
And behold Thee on Thy throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
RCCG FIFTY (5O) DAYS FASTING & PRAYER GUIDE FOR WEDNESDAY 26TH OF FEBRUARY, 2020
DAY 47: FRUIT OF INTEGRITY: Integrity is matching words with action. Your words are powerful; they are covering upon you like a garment. It presents you as “responsible” or “Irresponsible” before God and man. Those who knows the value of integrity prefer to be swift in hearing but slow in speaking Jam 1:19 unfortunately many ministers, workers and members lacks value for integrity in their ministry, family and secular affairs.
- Praise and worship our God for Who He is. Isa 44:6
- Praise and worship our God for the creation power of heavens, the earth and everything therein. Psa 148:5
- Let us praise God for His marvelous works on the earth. Psa 40:5
- Let us thank God for His mercy and goodness in our life and family. Psa 23:6
- Let us thank God for His goodness and mercy in His church and your nation. Psa 23:6
- Have you borrowed anything with a promise to pay back at a certain time and yet to pay back after the deadline? God describe you as a wicked person. Psa 37:21. Pray for mercy, and go and pay back what you borrow
- Read Matt 7: 20. Are you a minister, workers or member of the church, that what you says, what you teach or preach to others, are not a match for the life you life, it means your words are vain words. You need to repent. Ask God for mercy and restoration.
- Father; remove every filthy garment that Satan has put on us as a result our words Zec 13:4
- Dishonesty is a reason why many lacks integrity; Father, deliver your people from every acts of dishonesty
- Father; touch my tongue with your coal of fire to always tell the truth. Isa 6:6
- Gehazi and his generation became leprous as a result of covetousness and lies. O God, save your people from destructions as a result of doubled lifestyles. 2Kings 5:27
- Father; please help our church leaders to be good examples of living by what they say. Psa 15:4
- Father; please help our political leaders to be good examples of living by what they say.
- Father; have mercy on our church leaders, where they have said “God said” whereas God has not said. Jer 23:21
- Praise singing, sycophancies are major weapon devil uses to deceive and bring down many men of God; Father; give your people victory over lying spirit King 22:6
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.