Open Heaven 27 November 2019 Wednesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – A New Song
Topic: A New Song (Open Heaven 27 November 2019)
Memorise: “And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.” – Psalm 40:3
Read: Genesis 32:9-10 (KJV)
9 And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the LORD which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee:
10 I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands.
Bible in One Year: Psalm 36-39, Micah 1
Open Heaven 27 November 2019 Wednesday MESSAGE:
In Genesis chapter 28, Jacob became a fugitive because of his deceitful lifestyle. He ran away from the comfort zone of his father’s estate into the realm of the unknown. In the course of his flight, he got to a place where his strength could no longer carry on, and so he stopped to rest, using a stone as his pillow. He was so tired that he did not feel the hardness of the stone on which he laid his head. He even slept so deeply that he had a dream! When he woke up the following morning, he made a vow that showed his desperation and dejected state of mind. He said in Genesis 28:20-22:
“20…If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, 21 So that I come again to my father’s house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God: 22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God’s house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.”
Thankfully, in Genesis 32:9-10, we see this same Jacob singing a new song, indicating that he had become a new man who had been blessed beyond his wildest imagination. His testimony shows that when the Lord in His glorious majesty shows an individual His mercy, that fellow’s song will change. How marvelous it is that a single man on the run with just a shepherd’s staff could now testify that God’s favour had multiplied him greatly, so that he now had a large family, two bands of men, woman and assorted flocks of sheep and oxen.
Another great example of an individual who was given a new song to sign was Hannah. The Bible says this about her in 1 Samuel 1:10&13:
“10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore. 13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.”
This is in sharp contrast with her new song of joy in 1 Samuel 2:1, which says:
“And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation.”
Just as the Lord changed Hannah’s song, He is able to change your song too.
What has been your song so far this year? Have you been dejected and downcast because things have not been working out for you? The Lord is ready to change your song before this year runs out. Only believe and hold on to His words to you today. I pray that by the intervention of the word, you will sing a new song this season in Jesus’ Name.
Open Heaven 27 November 2019 Wednesday Prayer Point:
Father, please do a new thing in my life that will cause me to compose a new and beautiful song for You in Jesus’ Name.
Scroll down for RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER POINTS
Hymn 13: Yes, I Know I Am A Victor
1 Yes, I know i am a victor
For the Bible tells me so
God made me more than a conqueror
Much stronger than all my foes.
Jesus loves me and i love him
Together we rule the world
Christ with me I will overcome
By his blood, his Name, his word_
2 Yes, I know i am a victor
Stronger than sickness, disease
By his stripes I am superior
Far above infirmities
3 Yes, I know i am a victor
Stronger than demons i am
To satan i am a terror
I am free, o yes, i am
4 Yes, I know i am a victor
Stronger than lack, poverty
All my needs Jesus provides for
I have life abundantly
5 Yes, I know i am a victor
Barrenness no more indeed
Fruitful is the God i live for
All my dreams shall be fulfilled
6 Yes, I know i am a victor
By his strength i shall succeed
No more loss and no more failure
Glory to glory proceed
7 Yes, I know i am a victor
No more sorrow, no despair
Jesus Christ is my own succour
Tomorrow is joy and cheer
8 Yes, I know i am a victor
very soon I’ll reign with him
His promise is my sure anchor
He’s coming to take me home
9 Jesus loves me and i love him
We rule this world together
as He is so right now I am
Hear me shout Halleluyah
RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER WEDNESDAY 27TH NOVEMBER
DAY 27: NATURAL DISASTERS
TEXT: Genesis 6:17, Psa 46:1-3
Natural disasters are destructive events, calamities that happen by nature such as great floods, cyclones, earthquakes, fire, tsunami, landslide, plaques, etc.
- Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me. Bless His Holy name. Psa 103: 1
- Thank God for a new day and for the salvation of your soul
- Thank God for His goodness and mercy over your life and family members,
- Father, have mercy upon your people; deliver us from the increasing wave of natural disasters, in Jesus name. Psa 57:1
- Father, repent from the disaster that you spoke of, bringing to us because of our iniquities. Exo 32:14
- Father, we humble ourselves and seek your face, please hear us from heaven, heal our land and deliver us from the sorrow of natural disasters in Jesus name. 2 Chro 7:13-14
- Father; have mercy on us and forgive us for every form of idolatry in any way we have served and worship other gods in Jesus name. 2 Chro 7:22
- Father hear us and save us from impending disaster and even the ones that have already happened which has led to food crises all over Africa, in Jesus name.2 Chro 20:9
- Father; stop the way of the wicked and bring disaster upon our enemies who seek to destroy us for no cause in Jesus name. 2 Chro 34:24
- Father, give us listening ears to your instructions so that we can dwell safely and secure in our nation in Jesus name. Prov 1:33
- Father, remember your word in Jer 2:3 and bring disaster upon those killing your children in our lands in Jesus name.
- Father; deliver our nation, do not let the errors of our leaders bring disasters upon us in Jesus name. Eze 7:26
- Father in the days of Jonah, you had mercy on the people of Nineveh; please have mercy on us too in Jesus name. Jonah 3:6-10
- Father, by your mercy let there be no more disaster of any kind for the rest of the year in Jesus name
- Father, remember your promise never to destroy the whole earth with flood again in Jesus name. Gen 8:20-22
Open Heaven 27 November 2019 Wednesday Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC. Open Heaven 27 November 2019 Wednesday Daily Devotional.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.