Open Heaven 29 November 2020 Sunday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Be A Doer Of The Word
Topic: Be A Doer Of The Word (Open Heaven 29 November 2020)
Memorise: But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. – James 1:22
Read: James 1:21-25 (KJV)
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Bible In One Year: 1 Corinthians 5-8
Open Heaven 29 November 2020 Sunday MESSAGE:
Life, like a coin, has two sides. You are either stingy or generous, proud or humble, hardworking or lazy. In the same vein, you are either a mere hearer of the word of God or a doer. A hearer is one who listens to the word of God with rapt attention only to later forget and revert to his/her normal way of doing things. He/she may even have resolved to change during the course of the teaching; however, the hearer would not change because he/she would not make a conscious effort to initiate the change process.
With every word which convicts your heart, you must make the change immediately, or else you would be a mere hearer of the word. Don’t begin to analyze it, just make the change. In the process of analyzing, you will give the devil the opportunity to suggest why you should not make that necessary change. If after listening to a sermon, you realize the need to repent from committing adultery, you must immediately break the evil relationships that make you open to the sin, before you even think about it. Send a message to your partner in sin and delete his/her contact immediately. If you delay. The devil would tell you how hurt the person would feel; he would also remind you of the sinful pleasures that you would be missing. At the end of the day, if you entertain the thoughts of the devil, you may eventually return to adultery and end up in hell. John 15:14 says:
“Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.”
Once I hear a word that touches me, I act on it immediately without hesitation. When I heard that worldly music invites evil spirits into your home, I immediately destroyed everything connected to worldly music in my home. I did not even look at many of the cassettes for the fear of seeing one or two that might make me reconsider my resolve. I acted on the word immediately and became better afterwards.
Your mind is a battlefield. If you give the enemy the opportunity to re-strategize, you could eventually lose the fight.
Open Heaven 29 November 2020 Sunday Key Point:
Delay may be dangerous. When God’s word convicts you, act on it immediately.
Open Heaven 29 November 2020 Sunday Hymn 20: Nearer, My God To Thee
- Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!
E’en though it be a cross that raiseth me,
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to Thee.
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!
- Though like the wanderer, the sun gone down,
Darkness be over me, my rest a stone;
Yet in my dreams I’d be nearer, my God, to Thee.
- There let the way appear, steps unto Heav’n;
All that Thou sendest me, in mercy giv’n;
Angels to beckon me nearer, my God, to Thee.
- Then, with my waking thoughts bright with Thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs Bethel I’ll raise;
So by my woes to be nearer, my God, to Thee.
- Or, if on joyful wing cleaving the sky,
Sun, moon, and stars forgot, upward I’ll fly,
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to Thee.
- There in my Father’s home, safe and at rest,
There in my Savior’s love, perfectly blest;
Age after age to be nearer, my God, to Thee.
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD DIRECTORATE OF PRAYER THIRTY (30) DAYS PRAYER GUIDE TOWARDS THE REALISATION OF A NEW NIGERIA
DAY 27: SUNDAY29TH NOVEMBER, 2020.
TOPIC: INTEGRITY AND FEAR OF GOD.
BIBLE TEXT(S): MATHEW 5:37, PSALMS 15:4, 25:12-14.
Integrity is the ability to be pure and transparent in speech and character. The fear of God is obedient to God at all times and unconditionally. For us experience a new nation, we must possess these qualities.
- Father, we thank you for your mercy that endure for ever, Psalms 136:1.
- Father, we thank you for your protection over us
- Father, we thank you because you are the creator of this land Gen. 1:1, John 1:3.
- Father, let your fear be in the heart of our leaders in our nation
- Father, let your fear be the foundation of the judiciary in our nation
- Father, let your fear eradicate all forms of oppression in our nation
- Father, let your fear terminate inequality in this land
- Father, let your fear guide electioneering process in our nation
- Father, let your fear guide in the making and implementation of policies in this land
- Father, let your fear guide all the activities of all our public officers in this nation
- Father, let integrity and your fear characterize our public service in our land
- Father, let Integrity and your fear be the parameters for awarding and supervising contracts in our public offices
- Father, we ask for the spirit of contentment in our hearts
- Father, cast out of this land every spirit of falsehood in Jesus name
- Father, release the spirit of boldness to be transparent in all things upon every one of us in Jesus name
- Father, release the grace to always stand by the truth upon us in Jesus name
- Father, we nullify every law and policy that defies the fear of God in Jesus name. Isaiah: 8:9-10
- Father, let your fear drives away all forms of insincerity from us in Jesus name
- Father, let your fear deliver us from all forms of evils, like immorality, rape, kidnapping, killings in Jesus name
- Father, let integrity and the fear of God be our watchword in Jesus name
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.