Open Heaven 31 January 2020 Friday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Hate What God Hates
Topic: Hate What God Hates (Open Heaven 31 January 2020)
Memorise: “Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.” – Hebrews 1:9
Read: Proverbs 6:16-19 (KJV)
16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Bible in One Year: Exodus 4-6
Open Heaven 31 January 2020 Friday MESSAGE:
You cannot claim to love what God loves and not hate what He hates. The Bible had made it easy for us to identify the things that God hates by listing them out in Proverbs 6:16-19:
“16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.”
Today we will only discuss two of the things God hates as seen in the passage above. The very first thing on the list is “a proud look.” God hates pride. James 4:6 says God resist the proud. In order words, if you are proud, forget about being a friend of God because He hates pride. But if you love Him, you too would hate pride. You would not raise your shoulders everywhere you go, you would not look down on others nor insist people call you by a title or greet you in a certain way.
The next thing on the list is “a lying tongue.” God hates lies. It amazes me when I see Christians lying and they’ll say it was a white lie. Do you think there is a section in heaven for those who tell white lies? The Bible says ALL liars shall have their part in the lake of fire (Revelations 21:8). The white, black and multicolored liars are all going to hell because God hates lies. Stop telling lies. Jesus is called “the Truth“ (John 14:6), so anything like a lie is irritating to Him. On the other hand, the devil is the father and lord of lie (John 8:44).
Anyone who still tells lies no matter the color cannot claim to be a friend of God; the fellow is rather a child of the father of liars- the devil. Choose to become a child of God day.
Open Heaven 31 January 2020 Friday Key Point:
God hates sin and if you love Him, you would also hate it.
Hymn 27: Take My Life, And Let It Be.
1 Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.
2 Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3 Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4 Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.
5 Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6 Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
RCCG FIFTY (5O) DAYS FASTING & PRAYER GUIDE FOR: FRIDAY 31ST OF JANUARY, 2020
DAY 21: DADDY, MUMMY G.O AND FAMILY. TEXT: Psa 121:4-8
- Father in the name of Jesus, thank you for watching over daddy G.O, mummy G.O and the family.
- Father thank you for your mercy over the life of daddy, Mummy G.O. and the family.
- Father in the name of Jesus, thank you for blessing Daddy G.O and all that concerns him and the flocks he is overseeing. Gen 39:5
- Father in the name of Jesus, thank you for the support of the Holy Ghost to daddy and mummy G.O. and their family. Acts 20:28
- Father in the name of Jesus, thank you for using daddy G.O. and Mummy G.O. to feed the church of God the word of life. Acts 20:28
- Father build a wall of fire round about daddy, mummy G.O and the family. Zech 2:5
- Father in the name of Jesus, disappoint every device of the wicked against daddy and mummy G.O and the family. Job 5:12, Psa 7:10, Psa 59:9
- Father in the name of Jesus send help to your son Daddy G.O and the family Isa 50:7.
- Father in the name of Jesus, please continue to defend daddy and mummy G.O and their family. Job 22:25
- Father in the name of Jesus, increase your wisdom in the life of daddy and mummy G.O and the family and bless them with abundant life. Eph 3:20
- Father in the name of Jesus, reign over daddy and mummy G.O and the family Psa 47:8
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.