Open Heaven 6 November 2019 Wednesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Peace Amidst The Storm
Topic: Peace Amidst The Storm (Open Heaven 6 November 2019)
Memorise: “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:7
Read: Mark 4:35-41 (KJV)
35 And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side.
36 And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.
37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.
38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?
Bible in One Year: Nehemiah 12-13, Hosea 10
Open Heaven 6 November 2019 Wednesday MESSAGE:
The life of our Lord Jesus Christ on earth shows us that we can have peace amidst the storms of life. In today’s Bible reading, He demonstrated that He is indeed the Prince of Peace, as written of Him, in Isaiah 9:6. While traveling in a boat with His disciples, having just finished a long session of preaching and counseling for only God knows how many hours, there arose a great storm bellowing against the boat in which they were. The disciples were sore afraid that they would die at sea, because it seemed as if their boat would capsize. Meanwhile, Jesus Christ was fast asleep in the inner chamber of the boat. It is amazing that He could sleep even in the midst of a storm! The disciples woke Him up, accusing Him of being unmindful of their predicament. Jesus was surprised that His disciples could ever imagine that the boat carrying the Author of life would capsize! Howbeit, He arose and rebuked the wind behind the raging storm, and there was a great calm.
The series of events that occurred in the story shows us that the devil and his cohorts can launch an attack against us after a successful outreach programmes. Nevertheless, the good news is that God will always take charge and curtail such attacks. We also need to recognize from this story that the devil has no respect for the personality of the anointed. He can attack anybody, even when he knows that failure is inevitable, or how do we explain his attempt to capsize the boat of the one who created him? We must therefore be careful not to rest on our oars as we fight the good fight of faith. Nevertheless, in spite of the devil’s antics, we must not be afraid, because the Stiller of Storms is with us. You will be very wise to always have Jesus in the boat of your life, for He will always rise to any challenge you are confronted with when He is the captain of your life’s boat. A person’s true character is revealed when he or she is confronted with difficult situations. The raging storm revealed that the disciples did not really know Jesus as they ought to know Him. If they did, they would not have accused Him of not being concerned with their plight. As a matter of fact, their show of surprise at Him stilling the storm shows that they had little understanding of Him being God among men. In light of their example, we must never assume that we have fully known the Lord until we see Him in glory (1 Corinthians 13:12). We must continually desire and pray to know Him the more, just like Paul did all the days of his life (Philippians 3:10). The more of Him we know, the more of His peace we will have in our hearts. I pray that His peace will continually fill your heart, even in the midst of the storms of life, in Jesus’ Name.
Open Heaven 6 November 2019 Wednesday Key Point:
Father, let Your peace continually flow through my heart, as I journey towards Your high calling in Jesus, Name.
Scroll down for RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 6 November 2019 Wednesday Hymn 7: My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less
1 My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name
On Christ the solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand
2 When darkness hides His lovely face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil
3 His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood
When all around my soul gives way
He then is all my hope and stay
4 When He shall come with trumpet sound
Oh may I then in Him be found
Dressed in His righteousness alone
Faultless to stand before the throne
RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER WEDNESDAY 6TH NOVEMBER
DAY 6: SPIRIT OF OBEDIENCE
TEXT: Isa 1:19, 1Sa 15:22 -23
- Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me. Bless His Holy name. Psa 103:1
- Let us bless the name of the Lord. Truly; it has been of the LORD’S mercies that we were not consumed, because his compassions* has not failed us. Lam 3:22 Psa 34:1
- Let us thank God for the willingness of Jesus to die for our sins. Phi 2:5-8, John 3:16
- Father; thank you because you show us the way of complete obedience. Phi 2:8
- Father; forgive me for all my past acts of disobedience in Jesus name
- Father; help me to obey you in every thing completely in Jesus name John 14:15
- Father; we are not of this world system but have a heavenly inheritance reserved for us in heaven, and so we resist the forces of temptation compelling us to be conformed into the pattern of this world and squeezed into its mould in Jesus name. 2Tim 2:4,
- Father, help us to obey you completely in our parental duties and responsibilities in raising a godly offspring in Jesus name. Psa 127, Prov 19:18
- Father. We pray that our youths will be possessed with spirit of diligence in the pursuit of ministry and their academic affairs in Jesus name. Prov 11:27, Prov 12:24
- Father; deliver me from lukewarm attitude to the things of your kingdom in Jesus name. Rev 3:16
- Father Increase us day by day to be transformed into the image and likeness of the Lord Jesus Christ. Rom 12:1-2
- Father; as I search through the scripture, give me grace and more understanding to abide in your will for my life in Jesus name. Psa 119:1-15
- Father; give me a committed heart to advance your kingdom here on earth through submission to my leaders as they submit themselves to You in Jesus name. John 15:16, Mark 16:15
Open Heaven 6 November 2019 Wednesday Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC. Open Heaven 6 November 2019 Wednesday Daily Devotional.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.