Open Heaven 9 February 2020 Sunday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Joy Is Coming
Topic: Joy Is Coming (Open Heaven 9 February 2020)
Memorise: “For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.” – Psalm 30:5
Read: 1 Peter 1:3-8 (KJV)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
Bible in One Year: Exodus 30-32
Open Heaven 9 February 2020 Sunday MESSAGE:
Perhaps, the most sorrowful period of my life was when my wife was pregnant with our fourth child. Before we met the Lord, we had three children, all delivered through caesarean sections. We had decided not to have any more because the doctors said she couldn’t have a natural delivery and further surgeries may not have been safe. We became born again and one day, we came across Luke 1:37: “For with God nothing shall be impossible.” These words gave us the assurance to have another baby.
Throughout the pregnancy, we didn’t see any doctor. Some of our friends were quite apprehensive. They said my wife could bleed to death during labour because she could rupture any of the three points where she had been sutured during her previous deliveries. I kept saying “No, that is not written in my Bible.”
On the delivery date, she laboured for several hours to no avail. Then the second and third day passed and the baby was still not born. I was becoming really tense. On the third day, the devil whispered to me very clearly “Stupid man, you claim to have a PhD; fool, your wife is going to die tonight and you will see what her relatives will do to you.” Suddenly, a holy anger rose up within me and I said “Listen devil, if my wife dies tonight, I will seek permission from the General Overseer to preach on Sunday, and the first thing I will say is there is nothing that my God cannot do.” Immediate after, I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit strongly with me and I began to pray. Not long after, I heard the cry of a baby. My wife was the only one at the maternity so it could only have been ours. After a short while, my Father-in-the-Lord, who had been with us all through, came out of the maternity and told me “Baba aburo (father of a newborn), go and say hello to your wife.” My joy knew no bounds.
Indeed, weeping may endure for a night, but joy surely will come in the morning (Psalm 30:5). Dear reader, hold on to the word of God, keep confessing it, shut the devil up in times of discouragement and very soon your joy will become full in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 9 February 2020 Sunday Key Point:
Do not despair. Hold fast to the word of God, your joy will surely come.
Hymn 21: Now Thank We All Our God
1 Now thank we all our God
with heart and hands and voices,
who wondrous things has done,
in whom his world rejoices;
who from our mothers’ arms
has blessed us on our way
with countless gifts of love,
and still is ours today.
2 O may this bounteous God
through all our life be near us,
with ever joyful hearts
and blessed peace to cheer us,
to keep us in his grace,
and guide us when perplexed,
and free us from all ills
of this world in the next.
3 All praise and thanks to God
the Father now be given,
the Son and Spirit blest,
who reign in highest heaven
the one eternal God,
whom heaven and earth adore;
for thus it was, is now,
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
RCCG FIFTY (5O) DAYS FASTING & PRAYER GUIDE FOR SUNDAY 9TH OF FEBRUARY, 2020
DAY 30: INTEGRITY IN THE CHURCH, TEXT: Job 2:3, 1 Chro29:17
- Let us thank the Lord for sustaining the church regardless of the attack of the enemy Matt 16:18
- Let us praise God for destroying every arrow shot at the church to discredit Her ordinance. Isa 54:17
- Let us glorify the name of our God for honouring His name over the Church. Psa 46:5
- Let us pray that the church stays true to God’s message and we proclaim it whether or not it is convenient. 2Tim 4:2
- Let us pray that the church would be deeply committed to seeking God in prayer. Col 4:2
- Let us pray that the church will boldly share Jesus, the ONLY way and hope! Acts 4:12
- Let us pray that the church will worship, adore and praise God, in spirit and in truth. Joh 4:24
- Let us pray for the church leaders to follow Christ, and serve humbly
- Let us Pray for protection of all the flock won unto Christ and make our leaders good example. 1Pet 5:2-3
- Let us pray for the church’s dedication and perseverance to bring believers unto maturity in discipleship. Col 1:28-29
- Let us pray for more servants with the heart of integrity to join Jesus in His Kingdom work. Matt 9:37-38
- Let us pray that church leaders prepare and equip believers for service. Eph 4:11-12
- Let us pray that the church clings to its first love and let integrity of speech be found in her. Rev 2:4-5
- Father, let our reverence for you surpass pleasing men in Jesus name.
- Father give us the boldness to be transparent in all things, in Jesus name.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.