Topic: Partiality Not Allowed [Open Heavens for Teens 19 November 2019]
“But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.” – James 2:9
Read: James 2:1-9
- My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
- For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
- And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
- Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
- Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
- But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
- Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?
- If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
- But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
Bible In One Year: Ezekiel 20-21; James 1
God is not a partial God. He does not discriminate. As a true Christian, you also must not discriminate or be partial. For instance, if you are made the food prefect of your school and you always give your friends food first, even when others are waiting on the queue, that is partiality, and it shouldn’t be mentioned amongst children of God. If you are to interact with different people and you choose to pay attention and politeness to only rich ones then you are discriminating.
Our Heavenly Father is telling you today to desist from such acts. He is admonishing you to be a person who acts just with everyone. God sacrificed His beloved Son for the sins of the world; rich and poor, young and old. Everyone is equal in the eyes of God. That should be the case with you too. Be a Christian who doesn’t act partial at all.
God isn’t partial. Ensure you follow in His footsteps
1 Stand up! Stand up for Jesus,
Ye soldiers of the Cross!
Lift high His royal banner,
It must not suffer loss.
From victory unto victory
His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished,
And Christ is Lord indeed.
2 Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
The solemn watchword hear;
If while ye sleep he suffers,
Away with shame and fear.
Where’re yeah meet with evil,
Within you or without,
Charge for the God of battles,
And put the foe to rout.
3 Stand up! Stand up for Jesus!
Stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
Ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the gospel armour,
And watching unto prayer;
Where duty calls, or danger,
Be never wanting there.
4 Stand up! Stand up for Jesus!
The strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle,
The next the victor’s song.
To him that overcometh
A crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory
Shall reign eternally.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.