Open Heaven For Teens 18 July 2021 – Apostle Paul
TOPIC: Apostle Paul [Open Heaven for Teens 18 July 2021]
MEMORISE: For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16
READ: Acts 9:1-18
- And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
- And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
- And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
- And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
- And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
- And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
- And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
- And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
- And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
- And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
- And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
- And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
- Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
- And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
- But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
- For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name’s sake.
- And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
- And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalms 25-27, Acts 20:17-38
The first contact we had with Apostle Paul in the Bible was not a pleasant one. Then, he was Saul the persecutor. Saul was so notorious that when Stephen was about to be stoned to death, the perpetrators left their clothes at his feet. Saul would go from town to town persecuting the saints until he met Jesus on his way to Damascus and his name changed to Paul.
Today, we cannot talk about the New Testament without mentioning Apostle Paul. Out of twenty-seven books in the New Testament, he wrote thirteen. There are several lessons to learn from the life of Paul; One, you will reap whatever you sow. Paul persecuted the saints and he reaped it in quantum fold (Acts 28:17-22). Two, from the time he got converted, till he died, there was never a time he looked back from following after Christ. I congratulate you if you have surrendered your life to Christ, but never look back. Three, when Paul switched camps, i.e from an enemy of the gospel to a preacher of the gospel, he let the whole world know, particularly those with whom he persecuted the saints before. Are you ashamed to preach the gospel? Do your friends even know that you are a child of God?
Learn from Paul
HYMN: I’m Pressing On The Upward Way
- I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground”.
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
- My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My constant aim is higher ground.
- Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
- I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall resound
Lord lead me on to higher ground.
- Lord lead me up the mountain side,
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.