The Plague Of Fear by Pastor Paul Enenche
BLESSING SUNDAY – SUNDAY, 3RD MAY, 2020
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): 2 TIMOTHY 1:6-7
MESSAGE TOPIC: THE PLAGUE OF FEAR
BY: DR. PAUL ENENCHE
- Understanding the nature of fear
- Understanding the sources of fear
- Understanding the effects of fear
- Understanding the secrets of victory over fear
We live in a world today that is a fear-ruled, and fear-dominated by the activities of the enemy, satan the devil who is also the chief architect of fear.
There was nothing called fear in the world until satan showed up and engaged Adam and Eve (Gen. 3:9-10).
The very first manifestation of satanic presence and activity in the earth was the manifestation of fear.
As God works with faith, satan works with fear; as faith is associated with the workings of God, fear is associated with the workings of the devil.
WHAT IS FEAR?
(FROM THE OXFORD DICTIONARY)
- Fear is an unpleasant emotion caused by the threat of danger, pain or harm
- Fear is a feeling of anxiety concerning the outcome of something or the safety of one’s self or someone else
- Fear is the likelihood of something unwelcome happening
(SCRIPTURE AND EXPERIENCE BASED DEFINITIONS)
- Fear is negative emotions generated from negative expectations and anticipations
- Fear is faith in the negative, faith in the reverse, faith in the disastrous and calamitous
- Fear is expecting the wickedness of the devil to prevail over the goodness of God; it is exercising more confidence in the wickedness ability of the devil than in the goodness ability of God
- Fear is placing the evidence of the senses above the evidence of the Word
KINDS OF FEAR:
- The fear of death – the fear of dying before time (Heb. 2:14-15)
- The fear of the future – uncertainty about what the future holds
- The fear of the unknown
- The fear of failure – the fear of not doing well in life or ending as expected
- The fear of negative predictions – negative wishes of others about you coming to pass
- The fear of repeating negative family cycles and histories
- The fear of the past ruining the future; the fear of history ruining destiny (Prov. 28:13)
- The fear of ending in shame (Isa. 54:4)
- The fear of the night; the fear of darkness or of being alone (Ps. 91:5; Songs 3:8)
- Individual specific fear (e.g. Fear of heights, cats, dogs, chickens etc.)
SOURCES OF FEAR
- Experiences of the past, both yours and those of others (2Cor. 10:3-6)
- The hearing of the ear (Deut. 13:11; 17:13; 19:20; 21:21)
What you hear can fuel your faith or fuel your fear
Faith comes by hearing, and fear also comes by hearing
- The sight of the eye (Deut. 20:1; 28:67; Zech. 9:5; Luke 21:11)
What you see affects how you fare
Beware what you watch
Horror movies at night will give you horror dreams
- The thought of the heart (Job 4:13-14)
You can think until you stand up with fear
- The threat of the enemy (Neh. 6:19)
- The fearful emotion of others (Isa. 8:12-13; Deut. 20:8)
This is acquired fear sufficiency syndrome; someone had fear and you caught it
Fear is more contagious than corona
It is not possible to be a faith-filled person when you keep fear-filled company
- The rumours in the land (Jer. 51:46)
- The spirit of fear (Rom. 8:15; 2Tim. 1:7)
This is where fear operates in an oppressive dimension
THE EFFECTS OF FEAR:
- Fear is a magnet. (Job 3:25-26; Prov. 10:24)
It connects you with 2 things:
a. satan, the architect of fear and his activities
b. The object of your fear
Whenever you allow fear over your life, you are giving satan an invitation without calling him with your mouth.
Your fear pulls in your direction what you fear and your desire pulls in your direction what you desire
- Fear is pathway to defeat in life’s battles (Deut. 20:1-2,8; Judg. 7:2-3)
As faith brings victory, fear brings defeat
A hundred sheep led by a lion will defeat a hundred lions led by a sheep
- Fear invites snares and traps (Prov. 29:25; Isa. 24:17-18; Jer. 48:43-44)
- Fear brings bondage and torment (Heb. 2:14-15)
- Fear prevents the possession of life’s inheritance (Josh. 1:1-7; Deut. 1:20-21)
You can’t have fear and take possession of anything
There are many things that belong to you that you have not been able to get because of timidity
- Fear is foundation for disaster and destruction (desolation) (Job 3:25-26; Prov. 1:24-27)
Terrible things happen where fear is
When fear comes, it comes with destruction and desolation
- Fear is highly contagious, highly infectious (Isa. 8:12-13)
Don’t distribute fear to your friends, neighbours, parents and children!
The fear in your heart and your life can infect and destroy others
Parents, you are not doing anything beneficial for your children by using fear to motivate them; you are only raising a fear-filled adult that will be intimidated and timid and unable to confront life head on.
- Fear puts life on the run (Judg. 9:21; 1 Sam. 22:20-24)
No matter how bold you are, you must guard that boldness
- Fear attracts anxiety, disease and death (Heb. 2:14-15; Job 4:14)
Anxiety neurosis is a product of fear
- Fear can usher life into eternal damnation (Rev. 21:8)
Fear is doorway to eternal damnation
Fear idolizes the wickedness of the devil and minimizes the Almightiness of God
Fear ends you in the same eternity with killers!
SECRETS OF VICTORY OVER FEAR:
- The Presence of God (Ps. 23:3-4; 27:1-4; 46:1-3; Isa. 43:1-5; Ps. 118:6; Zeph. 3:16-17)
Generate the Presence of God around your life
Be established in the Presence of God, it is curative of fear
Live in the consciousness that you are not alone, God is with you
Anytime your fear is increasing it is an indication that you are far from God
- The Word and the Voice of God (Gen. 15:1; Prov. 1:33; Acts 17:21-25; Luke 12:5-7; Num. 14:9)
They are cures for fear
The Voice and Word of God will show you why you shouldn’t fear
God will give you revelational light from His Word that kills your fear
Be hooked to the Word and to His Voice; kill your fear with light
- Faith and confidence in God (Ps. 56:4,10; Prov. 3:25-26; Mark 4:37-40; Matt. 8:26)
Fear and faith are mutually exclusive
Where faith is operational fear cannot exist and where fear is at work faith cannot be found
- The ministry of the priest and the shepherd (Deut. 20:1; Jer. 23:4)
Pay attention to priestly, pastoral instruction
Listen to light and instruction from God through them
- The fear of the Lord (Prov. 14:26-27; 16:6; 8:13; 28:1; Isa. 54:14)
The fear of God replaces the fear of man and the fear of the devil
You cannot fear God and fear the devil at the same time
The fear of the Lord is upright living
Whatever tampers with your conscience tampers with your boldness
- Avoiding fear-imparting intakes, contacts or actions (Prov. 4:23; 2Cor. 10:5)
Avoid people that carry fear about
Keep watch over your heart, over your contacts and intakes
There are things you cannot watch and things you cannot listen to
Anything that will tamper with your faith and boldness, cast them down
- Dealing with the spirit of fear (2Tim. 1:7; Rom. 8:15; Luke 10:19)
Fear is something you speak out against
Dealing with the spirit of fear is done with forceful declarations
- Making the choice against fear (Ex. 14:13; Gen. 15:1)
You make choices and your choices make you
It has been confirmed that people behave based on the expectation they have for their own selves; if you expect yourself to be bold, you will be bold
Make the choice that fear cannot rule your life!
Thank You Lord for Your Word to us today. We praise, honour and adore You Lord. To You be all the glory Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I have heard Your Word today, let this Word produce reality in my life, reality of boldness, fearlessness and faith, O Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
In the Name of Jesus, I reject the spirit of fear, it has no place in my life and destiny. Oh you spirit of fear you have no fear in my life. GET OUT NOW!
I reject the fear of death, the fear of failure, the fear of negative family history repeating itself, the fear of my past catching up with my future; I cannot fear the future or the unknown because I know Who holds tomorrow; I cannot be afraid of ending in shame, afraid of the night or afraid of the negative predictions of people, they cannot come to pass in my life, in Jesus’ Name!
COMMUNION FOCUS (1 CORINTHIANS 10:16)
Communion of the Blessing
PROPHETIC PARENTAL BLESSING FOR THE MONTH OF MAY
Every spell of death, every fear of death, fear of the future, fear of the unknown, fear of negative predictions, fear of negative family cycles, fear of shame, fear of the night, and fear of the past ruining the future, these fears are over now in Jesus’ Name!
The month of May is declared open for you!
Systems shall be under pressure; they lose their peace, sleep and rest until they release all that belongs to you in Jesus’ Name!
You shall fulfil your days, fulfil your destiny, fulfil the plan of God for your life. Your life shall not be cut short, your future shall not be cut short, your destiny shall not be cut short in Jesus’ Name!
It is well with you, your children and your loved ones in Jesus’ Name!
Whatever will bring you sorrow and sadness this month is arrested in Jesus’ Name!
Every distraction from hell around you is arrested in Jesus’ Name!
Every conspiracy from the pit of hell is arrested in Jesus’ Name!
Every ancestral, generational and family curse is arrested in Jesus’ Name!
Any blessing your parents were meant to give that was not given is hereby released!
Any cursed placed on you by your parents or any authority figure, today, it is reversed in Jesus’ Name!
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-803-3144-509, 234-803-320-0320.