Topic: Making Plans Work [Open Heavens for Teens 14 June 2020]
Memorise: In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6
Bible Reading: 2 Kings 6:1-7
- And the sons of the prophets said unto Elisha, Behold now, the place where we dwell with thee is too strait for us.
- Let us go, we pray thee, unto Jordan, and take thence every man a beam, and let us make us a place there, where we may dwell. And he answered, Go ye.
- And one said, Be content, I pray thee, and go with thy servants. And he answered, I will go.
- So he went with them. And when they came to Jordan, they cut down wood.
- But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water: and he cried, and said, Alas, master! for it was borrowed.
- And the man of God said, Where fell it? And he shewed him the place. And he cut down a stick, and cast it in thither; and the iron did swim.
- Therefore said he, Take it up to thee. And he put out his hand, and took it.
Bible Reading In One Year: Ezra 6-8; John 21:1-25
In today’s Bible reading, the sons of the prophets had a problem. Luckily for them, they had earlier asked Elisha for permission to enlarge their coast and he gave his blessings, so when they encountered the problem, it was very easy to run back to him.
From this we learn that we should discuss all our plans with God and get His blessings before taking any step concerning that plan.
Proverbs 3:5-6 says, He should be acknowledged in all your plans. Never do anything behind Him, that way, you will be able to boldly go to Him if things go wrong and He will respond.
The reason many plans fail is that we plan without Him and thereafter request for His blessing. Rather, take your plans to Him first. He is interested in giving you that winning idea.
He wants the best for you, but to what extent do you involve Him? Do you bring a plan before Him and ask Him to approve or do you ask for His choice first?
To what extent do you consult with God before drawing your plans?
Hymn: My Faith Looks Up To Thee
- My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away;
O let me from this day
Be wholly Thine.
- May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire.
- While life’s dark maze | tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
- When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll,
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.