Preaching Without The Holy Spirit Will Lead To Heresy By Pastor David Ibiyeomie
Teaching Series: HOLY SPIRIT AND THE WORD (Part 5)
Many don’t know about the person of the Holy Spirit but without the Holy Spirit your Christianity will not be colourful.
He is the one that makes life enviable and colourful.
He is the one that makes you to enjoy life on earth, He is the Chief Executive on Earth. He is the Author of the Bible, without Him, you can’t understand the Word of God. John 14:16-17
He is the One who is representing Jesus today. Jesus was alone but the Holy Ghost is unlimited, Jesus was One man, He couldn’t move everywhere at the same time but the Holy Spirit is the One representing Him, who is everywhere – whatever Jesus was to Peter, James and John, is who the Holy Ghost is to us today. He is actually on earth to glorify Jesus. 2 Peter 1:21 the Author of the Bible is the Holy Ghost, men only wrote.
For instance, if you transcribe my tape, that doesn’t make you the author because the words you are transcribing are my words. The Bible is authored by the Holy Spirit, men only wrote what He authored. So, if you want to understand the Bible, you must go to the original Author who is the Holy Spirit. He is the one who can unveil the scriptures and what it means. When you understand what He is saying, you become outstanding on the earth. But to carnal men, the Word of God is like a fairy tale. 1 Corinthians 2:10-14
THE PLACE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THE WORD
- The Holy Spirit teaches the Word (John 14:26)
- He grants insight into the Word of God – deep revelation.
- The Holy Spirit confirms the Word (Luke 5:17)
- The Holy Spirit empowers the Word to produce during soul winning.
- The Holy Spirit gives life to the seed of the Word (Luke 8:11). Without Him, the word is theology but when He is involved, He empowers the Word to produce.
- The Holy Spirit brings the Word to your remembrance (John 14:26)
He is the One that reminds us of things we have learnt but forgotten. He brings the Word to our remembrance in any giving situation. John 12:16
The Word you need for a particular season may have been forgotten but once the Holy Spirit is engaged, He brings to remembrance the needed Word. There are times you find out that you forget the Word during prayers, sometimes you even forget the scriptures – counselling (it’s either you don’t remember), even when you’re teaching but the Holy Ghost will always remind you of the right Word.
Even in the natural, when you read and you’ve forgotten – tell Him “Holy Ghost,” He will bring it to your remembrance (John 14:26).
Never read the Bible without engaging Him. He is the Author but you must read it because you can’t remember what you’ve not read.
- The Holy Spirit guides us into all truth (John 16:13). He reveals the truth contained in the Word of God to a believer. Preaching without the help of the Holy Spirit will lead to heresy. He will quote out of context and bring controversial things. Anywhere you see the Bible turned upside down, the Holy Spirit is not involved. There are ministers of the gospel who believe gay is right and lesbianism is right – it is heresy. He does not involve the Holy Spirit, so he has gone off point. What destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah was man to man, woman to woman – yet there are men of God who preach that this thing is right.
If you don’t involve the Holy Spirit, you will go off track. All parts of scriptures are to guide us into knowing the truth about living: whether in marriage, business, academics, ministry, your finances. To ignore the Holy Spirit is to lose track of your destination in life. 1 Corinthians 2:10-14.
Proverbs 11:24 – to the ordinary man, he withholds his money but to the man who knows that until something goes out of your hand, nothing can come down from Heaven. Genesis 8:22.
John 17:17 – Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Hebrews 13:4 Natural man ask, if you want to marry, there is nothing wrong in testing first but the Bible says “the bed undefiled.”…how will you know the size? To know the size, you have to test – that is the natural man. He doesn’t involve the Holy Spirit, so he is interpreting the Word from his carnal mind.
But God said “that the bed must be undefiled so that the marriage can be honourable.”
If you don’t understand the Word from the author, you can quote Bible upside down and cause more trouble.
HOW TO ACCESS THE HOLY SPIRIT TO PROFIT FROM THE WORD OF GOD
- Be Born again (Mark 4:11, Romans 8:14)
- Be conscious of the Holy Spirit. He will never impose Himself on you. You have to consciously invite Him when you are studying, when you are listening before He comes to help you understand the scriptures. When you carry the Bible, say “Holy Spirit, help me.” He won’t impose Himself on you, He is not a demon, He won’t do that.
Never leave without acknowledging His personality to help you to understand the Word of God (1 Thessalonians 5:13)
- Obey His instructions because when you are reading, He will be giving you instructions Acts 10:19-20. If you don’t obey Him, He won’t give you further instructions. Why some of us have not heard from Him again is because the last one He gave you, you’ve refused to obey (Ephesians 4:30).
You can never get to your destination, taking the wrong route, no matter how far you’ve gone. No matter how far you’ve gone doing the wrong thing, make a U-turn.
- Constantly consult Him. The Holy Spirit loves to talk. Always have a time of fellowship where you consult Him. Consult Him in worship, praying in the Holy Ghost, prayer of inquiry, topical search of the scriptures. (Acts 13:2, 1 Corinthians 14:2, Acts 9:6, Jeremiah 29:13, John 5:39).
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234 815 0190 040