Prayer and Fasting Empowers Fulfillment of Prophecy! By David Oyedepo
Topic: Prayer and Fasting Empowers Fulfillment of Prophecy!
Welcome to another impactful week! I hope you were blessed by the last teaching. Today, we shall focus on: Prayer and Fasting Empowers Fulfillment of Prophecy!
From scriptures, we understand that prayer and fasting is a business for high level profiting but if we don’t know how to maximise it, we will get nothing out of it. So, it is not just listing our prayer items, it is aligning the prayer items with the will of God. It is written: And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business (Luke 2:49). So, it is business engaging in Word practice because it is for our profiting (2 Timothy 3:16). Thus, it is important for us to carry a business perspective of our walk with God as it will help us to be more productive in our engagement. Remember, not every prayer prayed is answered. To secure our answers on the prayer altar, we must pray according to His will. His will connotes His Word, so we pray according to His Word regarding the issues we are presenting. The Bible says: Produce your cause, saith the Lord; bring forth your strong reasons, saith the King of Jacob (Isaiah 41:21). Strong reasons will come out of strong searches.
Also, as great as these prophetic words are, we have to clear the oppositions resisting the fulfillment of prophecies. This is because every great door suffers great resistances. And if we don’t clear the resistances, we will just be singing them as a song; it will never come to reality. It will just be a slogan and that is why we are up in prayer and fasting to clear oppositions off our possessions, so we can realise them (1 Corinthians 16:9). So, there is no form of resistance that can spite the authority of the combined forces of faith, prayer and fasting.
Why Then Do We Pray and Fast?
1. To Overpower all the Opposing Forces on the Path of our Glorious Destiny in Christ: The Bible says: Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting (Matthew 17:21). So, we fast to overpower all resisting forces against our glorious destiny in Christ.
2. To Generate and Build Spiritual Strength into our Spirit man against the day of Battle: We fast to build spiritual energy reserves against the day of battle. As it is written: Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint (Isaiah 40:28-31). So, waiting upon the Lord renews our strength, recharges us, re-energizes us and builds up energy reserves into our Spirit against the day of battle (Proverbs 24:10).
3. To Provoke Speedy Divine Intervention: Our God is a present help in time of need and He said He will help us. So when we experience delay, they are those forces that are against our restoration and we break them in a fast. It is written: Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rearward (Isaiah 58: 8). Hence, things answer with speed in a fast. God can answer our prayers without fasting, but whether we take delivery of the answers is another question. So, we engage in a fast to clear off the obstructions on the way, so we can take speedy delivery of what belongs to us.
Blessings that Accrue to us in Prayer and Fasting
1. Outbreak of Revelation: Every outstanding breakthrough we notice in the Kingdom is a product of outbreak of revelation. The Bible says: Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rearward. …then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday (Isaiah 58:8/10). Prayer and fasting provides a platform for outbreak of revelation. So, when revelation is bright enough, speed is the experience.
2. Empowers our Access to the High Places of Life: It is written: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it (Isaiah 58:14). So, prayer and fasting is a spiritual platform for our flight into the high places of life.
3. Empowers Speedy Fulfilment of Prophecy: Jesus was declared the son of God in Luke 3:21-22. As it is written:: Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. So, it was after fasting He took delivery of that fulfilment of prophecy. We are in the era of restoration in the body of Christ because there must be restoration of all things which were spoken by the mouth of the prophet before Jesus returns.
In conclusion, prayer and fasting will be wasteful without faith. As it is written: But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6). Faith is our covenant signature for taking delivery of our possessions in Christ. Therefore, we must build our faith for prophecies to be fulfilled in our lives.
However, you must be born again. Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so. Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now I know I am born again!”
For further reading, please get my books: Winning Prayer, Satan Get Lost, and Born to Win. I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have four services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m., and 11:30 a.m. respectively. I know this teaching has blessed you.
Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280; or E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org; Face book: www.facebook.com/davidoyedepoministries/; Twitter: @DavidOyedepoMin
David O. Oyedepo is a Nigerian Christian author, architect, preacher, and the founder and presiding bishop of the mega church, Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners’ Chapel