Topic: Dishonouring God [Sunday, 1st April 2018]
Bible Text: Romans 1:18-25, Romans 221-24
Memory verse: 1 Corinthians 10:31 “Therefore whether ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God”
Lesson Aim: To teach the teens never to dishonor God
The lord knows our circumstances, where we live, the challenges we face. He knows our deeds, our love for him, our services and commitments to him. But he also sees and knows the little stains of red oil that renders a bright white shirt unwearable. And because God has the ultimate standard of perfection, he will not compromise his standards for any reason at all. That is why he wants our obedience to be total.
From our text let us identify and discuss the acts that dishonour God:
1. Holding the truth in righteousness.
2. Not glorifying God as God.
3. Not thankful.
4. Having vain imagination.
5. Having foolishness in the heart.
6. Creating images like birds and beasts and worshipping them.
7. Having lustful heart
8. Worshipping and serving the creatures more than the creator
In what other ways can we dishonour God
1. When we dishonour our parents.
2. When we disobey the church authority.
3. When we disobey the school authority.
4. When we disobey the laws of the land.
5. When we do not honour our elders.
6. When we do not honour our body which is the temple of God.
7. Teenagers to mention more.
Life application: The bible says God is with us always. This means he sees and knows everything we do. Jeremiah 23:24. At home, in the church, in school, in our private lives: compromises, idolatry, immortality in thought, words and action dishonour God. For he is holy and will not tolerate any form of unrighteousness. What is even more challenging is that our responsibility is not only to keep ourselves individually but we must ensure that we do not tolerate it in the lives of people we interact with.
Discussion: highlight dangers of dishonouring God from our text of today
Conclusion: It is exciting to known that if we live our lives honouring the Lord all the way, there is a reward awaiting us here on earth and in heaven. God’s presence is guaranteed here on earth, his blessings, favour and mercy. And in heaven we will reign with him. 2 Timothy 2:12; Revelation 20:6.
Prayer: Please Father forgives me if I have dishonoured you and help me never to dishonour you.