Topic: Release Your Best [Open Heavens for Teens 23 June 2020]
Memorise: Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts. Zachariah 4:6
BIBLE READING: ZACHARIAH 4:5-7
- Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
- Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.
- Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.
Bible Reading In One Year: Esther 7:-10; Acts 6:1-15
If you learn to play your part so well, God will take up His part and bless you beyond your expectations. How He does His depends on how you do yours. As teenagers, you must come to understand that you will always have your part to play in how open the windows of heaven will be over you. In the parable of the talents, the people who had made some profit received more. Don’t let anyone deceive you into thinking that it is all about Gods mercy. God’s mercy is very important, but never focus so much on it that you then fail to realise that paying the price for what you want is equally important. The Bible says it is with the measure you give that will be given.
Beloved, you have to cultivate the attitude of always giving the you best in everything you do. It is the person who pays the price that gets the rewards. Never embark on anything only because it was asked of you and you just have to do it. Put your best into whatever it is you want to do. Envision your goal and commit to giving whatever it takes to reach that goal.
God’s reward will always outweigh our sacrifices.
Some have not given their best because they have not made the decision to.
Hymn: I’m Pressing On The Upward Way
- I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground”.
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
- My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these
abound, my constant aim is higher ground.
- Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
- I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall resound
Lord lead me on to higher ground.
- Lord lead me up the mountain side,
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And Heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.