Topic: Sin Against Your Body [Open Heavens for Teens 7 October 2020]
Memorise: For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God indyour body, and in your spirit, which are Gods’. 1 Corinthians 6:20
Bible Reading: 1 Corinthians 6:13-18
- Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
- And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
- Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ?, shall l then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
- What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
- But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
- Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
Bible Reading In One Year: Isaiah 37:1-38, Isaiah 38:1-22; Philippians 3:1-21
All sins are against God. However, some are directly against our fellow men while some are against ones body. Sins like placing tattoo on your body, alcohol consumption, fornication, the use of hard substances such as cocaine, cigarette et cetera are against ones self. But of these, fornication is the worst. 1 Corinthians 6:18 says:
“Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.”
A fellow may want to ask why is fornication the worst sin against one’s body since the body belongs to me and I can do as i please with it?. Well, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says your body is the temple of God. Your body is a house for the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will never stay in a dirty house. Fornication, masturbation and the likes will not make you habitable for the Holy Spirit. Believe me my child, sex is overrated. Wait till you get married, it won’t kill to wait.
Flee fornication! Flee!
Hymn: I’m Pressing On The Upward Way
- I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground”.
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
- My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these
abound, my constant aim is higher ground.
- Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
- I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall resound
Lord lead me on to higher ground.
- Lord lead me up the mountain side,
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And Heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.