Covenant Gateways To Supernatural Breakthroughs! By David Oyedepo
Topic: Covenant Gateways To Supernatural Breakthroughs!
Welcome to the concluding part of this teaching! I hope you were blessed by the teaching of last week. Today, we shall focus on Covenant Gateways to Supernatural Breakthroughs!
We recognise from scriptures that light from heaven through the Word is the foundation of Kingdom mysteries that guarantee undeniable breakthroughs. The Word of God is the master key to a world of supernatural breakthroughs (Luke 5:4-6). We must understand that breakthrough is not a state of being; it is a lifestyle. No one qualifies for supernatural breakthrough without first believing in its possibility. We must therefore possess a possibility mentality to qualify for supernatural breakthrough. As it is written: For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee (Proverbs 23:7). Remember, our mentality defines our destiny. We cannot possess a grasshopper mentality and operate like an eagle. It is our thought that determines our lot. Therefore, until our mind is renewed by the Word of God, our lives cannot be transformed. It is also important that we commit to thinking unlimited possibilities in order to command supernatural breakthroughs. Whatever we cannot imagine, we cannot make happen.
Also, understand that every redeemed soul is a potential star, but we cannot emerge a star with the mentality of a common man. Jesus said: I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star (Revelation 22:16; see also John 17:18). So, if He came as the bright and morning star, then we are ordained as stars on the earth.
What then is our Breakthrough Root?
1. As a Seed of Abraham, we are God’s Candidate for Supernatural Breakthroughs: We have been redeemed to enjoy the blessing of Abraham (Genesis 22:17-18; Galatians 3:13-14). This implies that every child of God is a seed of Abraham; which qualifies him to be a global citizen. For it is written: And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise (Galatians 3:29). So, we are ordained to impact on all nations of the earth.
2. Redemption makes us a Supernatural Breakthrough Entity: We are breakthrough personalities and pacesetters. The Bible says: Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid (Matthew 5:13-14).
3. We have a Supernatural Breakthrough Heritage as an End-time Saint: According to scriptures, during the end-time, authority shall be domiciled in the Church as the Church will practically be in charge of everything that works. The Church will reign by explosive revelation and will be a university of divine inspiration (Micah 4:1-2; Isaiah 2:2-3).
What, then, are the Platforms for Supernatural Breakthroughs?
Our proper positioning in God’s master plan for our lives is vital in determining our levels of breakthrough. That is, where we are positioned determines the outcome of our lives. Therefore, we must be covenantly positioned to command supernatural breakthroughs. Therefore, among others, our breakthroughs will demand the following:
1. We should Mind the Company we Keep: Where we stand, sit and the company we keep determine our level of breakthroughs. Remember, our association can either make or break us (Psalm 1:1-3). Abraham was called but Lot went with him and he became a partaker of the grace of God on Abraham (Genesis 13:5). The company we keep determines what accompanies us. Also, according to scriptures, Saul came into the midst of the prophets and he began to prophesy by the Spirit of the Lord. Thus, he became a proverbial success and began to manifest above natural realms because he was in the right company (1 Samuel 10:11-12).
2. We must Belong to a Particular God-ordained Place of Worship: Before we were born, God knew us and had appointed us to a place of worship (Deuteronomy 12:13-14). He separated us to an appointed city of refuge where we will blossom and flourish. As it is written: Moreover, I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime (2 Samuel 7:10).
3. We have a Pastor Appointed over our Lives Under whose Ministry we Flourish: We do not choose our parents, God does. In the same vein, He appoints a pastor over our lives. The Bible says: And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding… (Jeremiah 3:15-16). Thus, when we connect with our God-appointed pastor, we supernaturally flourish (Isaiah 30:20-21).
4. We also have a Prophet sent to us both for Divine Intervention and Rescue in the Hour of Need: As it is written: But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions (Obadiah 1: 17).
In conclusion, it is not enough to belong to a place, it is important to abide there (1 Corinthians 7:20). Also, it is one thing to be present in a place, and yet another to be connected (Isaiah 29:13). Furthermore, we must walk in obedience to the instructions given there because they are the platforms for our lifting (1 Samuel 15:22). Everybody belongs somewhere and supernaturally flourishes there. However, supernatural breakthroughs are the heritage of the redeemed. . Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so. Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now I know I am born again!” For further reading, please get my books: Walking in the Miraculous, Operating in the Supernatural, Releasing the Supernatural, Commanding the Supernatural and All you need to have all your needs met.
I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have five services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 1:20 p.m. respectively. I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280; or E-mail: email@example.com; Face book: www.facebook.com/davidoyedepoministries/; Twitter: @DavidOyedepoMin
Bishop David O. Oyedepo is a Nigerian Christian author, architect, preacher, and the founder and presiding bishop of the mega church, Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners’ Chapel.