The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 22 June 2019 – Testimony Time: I Called, He Answered
TOPIC — Testimony Time: I Called, He Answered
READ: Psalms 18: 1 – 24 King James Version (KJV)
- I will love You, O Lord , my strength.
- The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
- I will call upon the Lord , who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.
- The pangs of death surrounded me, And the floods of ungodliness made me afraid.
- The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me; The snares of death confronted me.
- In my distress I called upon the Lord , And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry came before Him, even to His ears.
- Then the earth shook and trembled; The foundations of the hills also quaked and were shaken, Because He was angry.
- Smoke went up from His nostrils, And devouring fire from His mouth; Coals were kindled by it.
- He bowed the heavens also, and came down With darkness under His feet.
- And He rode upon a cherub, and flew; He flew upon the wings of the wind.
- He made darkness His secret place; His canopy around Him was dark waters And thick clouds of the skies.
- From the brightness before Him, His thick clouds passed with hailstones and coals of fire.
- The Lord thundered from heaven, And the Most High uttered His voice, Hailstones and coals of fire.
- He sent out His arrows and scattered the foe, Lightnings in abundance, and He vanquished them.
- Then the channels of the sea were seen, The foundations of the world were uncovered At Your rebuke, O Lord , At the blast of the breath of Your nostrils.
- He sent from above, He took me; He drew me out of many waters.
- He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me, For they were too strong for me.
- They confronted me in the day of my calamity, But the Lord was my support.
- He also brought me out into a broad place; He delivered me because He delighted in me.
- The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; According to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me.
- For I have kept the ways of the Lord , And have not wickedly departed from my God.
- For all His judgments were before me, And I did not put away His statutes from me.
- I was also blameless before Him, And I kept myself from my iniquity.
- Therefore the Lord has recompensed me according to my righteousness, According to the cleanness of my hands in His sight.
Yesterday, we saw David in a desperate cry for God to arise on his behalf and confront his enemies (Psalm 17:13). Today, David gives testimony of answered prayer:
In my distress I called upon the Lord,
And cried out to my God;
He heard my voice from His temple,
And my cry came before Him even to His ears (Psalm 18:16)
David begins his testimony with glowing adoration of God; I love you O Lord, my Strength, my Rock, my Fortress the one who rescues me… (verses 1, 2, Amplified). The rest are details of the miraculous way God carried out the delivery: The earth shook and trembled (verse 7); The Lord also thundered from the heaven (verse 13); yea He sent out his arrows and scattered them (verse 14). He delivered me from my strong enemy and from them which hated me (verse 17), because he delighted in me (verse 19).
It is good to give testimony of what God has done in your life. Jesus asked after the nine lepers that were cleansed but failed to return to give glory to God (Luke 17:17-18). When you thank the Lord for what He has done for you, He is pleased to do more. Moreover, testifying of your conversion experience more than anything else, helps to bring people to Christ. Do you have outstanding testimony? Share it to the glory of God.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, make me bold to declare all Your works in my life to the glory of Your Name.