Topic: Time Will Soon Be Up! [Open Heavens for Teens 2 July 2020]
Memorise: If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work. 2 Timothy 2:21
Bible Reading: James 1:22-27
- But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
- For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
- For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
- But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
- If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion is vain.
- Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Bible Reading In One Year: Job 23-25; Acts 10:24-48
Before God uses an individual, He demands purity. The purer you are, the greater God will use you. When vacancies come up for great assignments, God sieves through to find the one whose heart is pure and whose life will glorify Him. People erroneously assume that good things can just suddenly happen to people without knowing that there are always some considerations. You can’t be disposed to sin and expect some divine blessings to come your way. Sadly, people don’t live with this consciousness. Some even perpetually commit some sins justifying them as small. So, they keep condoning those sins thinking they are not significant enough to attract God’s wrath.
The fact is, one sin in your life is so heavy that it can stop or hinder you in many ways, especially at the gate of heaven. The fellow who will make a head way in life and make it to heaven is the one who stays conscious of his/her purity at all times. When such an individual discovers something wrong in his or her life, he immediately makes amends and decides never to return to it. Beloved time will soon be up! Stop drifting through life as if you have no purpose. Now you have the time to sit up and right your wrongs. Now you have the time to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Time will soon be up.
Time is ticking. It will soon be up.
Hymn: Take My Life, And Let It Be
- Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
- Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
- Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only for my King;
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
- Take my silver and my gold
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
- Take my will and make it
Thine It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own
It shall be Thy royal throne.
- Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.