Unveiling the Seven Spirits of God! By David Oyedepo
Topic: Unveiling the Seven Spirits of God!
Welcome to November! I believe the health of everyone has been supernaturally restored in the month of October, 2018. This month, we shall be exploring the various operations and dimensions of the Holy Spirit. To start with, this week, we shall examine the topic: Unveiling the Seven Spirits of God!
From scriptures, we understand that Jesus has the seven Spirits of God at work in Him.
As it is written: And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead (Revelation 3:1). These Spirits, by which Jesus is described, were at work in Him. So, if we must do the works that He did, then the forces that worked in Him must be at work in us.
Moreover, we saw from scriptures that for the first thirty years of Jesus’ Ministry, He had
no identity; but, when the Holy Ghost came upon Him, His fame went abroad (Luke 4:14). For instance, in three and half years, He shook the world as a result of the forces at work in Him. If those seven Spirits were fully operational in Christ, it is a pointer to the fact that God wants them to be operational in us too. When those seven Spirits are at work in a man, he will be nothing less than a sign and a wonder on the earth. Friends, we are entitled to the seven Spirits of God in our lives. Therefore, it is important to understand that we cannot come into the fullness of the stature of Christ if the forces that worked in Jesus are not working in us.
What then are the Seven Spirits of God?
1. The Spirit of Power: One of the key manifestations of the Holy Ghost in the last days is power. It is written: And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high (Luke 24:49). When Jesus came on His Messianic assignment to the earth, He came in the power of the Holy Spirit to deliver the captives (Luke 4:14/18). When He departed, He sent the Holy Spirit, the reservoir of God’s power from on high to dwell with us. What is this power to do? To help us witness to the lost effectively and also subdue our enemies (Psalm 110:1-3).
2. The Spirit of Wisdom: All the exploits of Jesus are tied to the wisdom operational in Him. Thus, before we can be candidates for exploits, we must be connected to that kind of wisdom. Paul the Apostle was praying in Ephesians 1:17: That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him. From that scripture, we discover that the Spirit of wisdom is given by God; but one outstanding manifestation of that Spirit is to enlighten our understanding to know what God has in stock for us.
3. The Spirit of Understanding: There is a spirit of understanding. The Bible says: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints (Ephesians 1:18). It is the excellent spirit that causes men to excel cheaply! It makes us become outstanding. It is the ability to intelligibly diagnose situations, put solutions together and be able to go on to the ultimate end of practical results. It is knowing what to do to bring situations under control.
4. The Spirit of Counsel: It is the mother of guidance as it guides our steps. As it is written: And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left (Isaiah 30:21). God’s guidance guarantees greatness. No force in heaven or earth can cancel the counsel of God (Isaiah 46:10).
5. The Spirit of Might: No vision can deliver results without unique strength. In Habakkuk 2:2, the Scripture says: And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. That scripture is very explicit on how the vision will be delivered. It didn’t say “That he may walk…” it says “That he may run…” So, we need strength to run with the vision successfully.
6. The Spirit of Knowledge: The Bible says: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you (John 14:26). He will teach us ALL THINGS, including: –how to stay healthy, prosper, keep the home, raise children, make progress, have success etc. When the Holy Ghost teaches, it sticks!
7. The Spirit of the Fear of the Lord: There is something which gives birth to unprecedented exploits. It is called the fear of the Lord (Isaiah 11:2). For instance, Joseph, a man discreet and wise who through his wisdom saved Egypt in the time of famine said concerning himself: …for I fear God (Genesis 42:18). Job too, a man described as the greatest of all men of the East, was acknowledged by satan as possessing one outstanding quality –the fear of the Lord (Job 1:9).
In conclusion, with the seven Spirits of God at work in us, our rest shall be glorious and we will become more than a conqueror in the conflicts of life. However, we need to stay clear of sin before these seven Spirits of God can dwell in us. Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so. Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now I know I am born again!”
For further reading, please get my books: Anointing for Breakthrough, Understanding the Anointing, Anointing for Exploits, Release of Power and Manifestation of the Spirit. I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have five services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 1:20 p.m. respectively.
I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280; or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Face book: www.facebook.com/davidoyedepoministries/; Twitter: @DavidOyedepoMin
David O. Oyedepo is a Nigerian Christian author, architect, preacher, and the founder and presiding bishop of the mega church, Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners’ Chapel