Topic: Waiting Till Tomorrow? [Open Heavens for Teens 2 June 2020]
Memorise: As the door turneth upon his hinges, so doth the slothful upon his bed. Proverbs 26:14
BIBLE READING: PROVERBS 26:13-16
- The slothful man saith, There is a lion in the way; a lion is in the streets.
- As the door turneth upon his hinges, so doth the slothful upon his bed.
- The slothful hideth his hand in his bosom; it grieveth him to bring it again to his mouth.
- The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason.
Bible Reading In One Year: 2 Chronicles 7-9; JOHN 13:1-38
One of the traits of the sluggard is that most times, he refuses to make any effort. It is all noise but no movement with a lazy person. His major problem is procrastination; he is always hoping for a tomorrow that never comes.
When will you do your homework?, Ah Tomorrow. The next day, he will say the weather appears too dull for his liking so he will say once again Tomorrow.
The tomorrow of a sluggard is a myth, a mirage. If you are fond of carrying over todays assignments, responsibilities and duties to the next day or some future date, you are a sluggard. If you cannot stand up and make the needed efforts that will give you the needed positive result, you are a sluggard.
Until you define your hours and show your mastery over laziness, you cannot amount to anything. The student who prays for good results but never studies hard enough will never excel.
God never assists the lazy, the person He promises to assist is the weak who relies on Him and has exhausted his strength while making efforts.
Until you attempt to move from where you are, you cannot move forward.
- When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
- Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
- Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
- But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
- Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.