Topic: Whatsoever He Says [Open Heavens for Teens 15 September 2020]
Memorise: His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. John 2:5
Bible Reading: John 2:1-8
- And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
- And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
- And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
- Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee?, mine hour is not yet come.
- His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
- And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
- Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
- And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
Bible Reading In One Year: Proverbs 28-29; 2 Corinthians 7:1-16
Mary, the mother of Jesus, understood Him well. In fact, she knew what it means to be a disciple of Jesus. At the marriage in Cana of Galilee when the wine finished and Mary informed Jesus, He told her it wasn’t yet time to perform miracles. Yet, she went to the servants and told them to do whatever Jesus instructed. They obeyed and water turned to the best wine served at the ceremony.
As a true disciple of Jesus Christ, your motto should be ‘whatsoever Jesus says, that I will do’. 1 Samuel 15:1-35 tells us that Saul’s refusal to do what God asked him to do to the letter was what cost him his kingdom. As a child of God, you have an inheritance in Christ, partial obedience will cost you your inheritance. So if God tells you to preach to a particular classmate or anybody, do it promptly. Don’t delay.
When you do whatever God asks you to do, He will love you more and He will not withhold anything good from you.
The hallmark of a true disciple is total and prompt obedience to God’s instructions.
Hymn: When We Walk With The Lord
- When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way,
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
- Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away,
Not a doubt or a fear,
Not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
- Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay,
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
- But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
- Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends, we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.