Accessing the Wonders of the Word through Revelation! By Bishop David Oyedepo
Topic: Accessing the Wonders of the Word through Revelation!
Welcome to another exciting week! I believe you were blessed by the last teaching. Today, we shall focus on: Accessing the Wonders of the Word through Revelation!
We discover from Scriptures that the Word is the key to our turnaround, and we need the right key to experience that turnaround. As it is written: Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of hosts (Jeremiah 15:16; see also Acts 20:32).We need to have an understanding of how to get the right word to tackle our situations, because one particular key cannot open every door. It is the Word that gives us command and the Word is the light that shatters every dark area of our lives.
We have an inheritance in God’s Word which gives us access to that turnaround we desire. The Word is loaded; it is the answer to every question, the solution to every problem and the way out of every predicament. When God’s Word is rejected, the individual becomes a victim of life, because the only solution to darkness is light. That makes the Word the guarantee for our long desired success and prosperity (Joshua 1:8; Deuteronomy 28:1-3). The Word is God’s master plan for His people because it tells us where we are headed in destiny and how to get there. However, there is a platform we must attain, to be able to access the revelation of the truth. In Revelation 4:1, God said: “…Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.” We cannot see it out there on the floor; that is why He said, “Come up!” Many hear what God is saying, but very few see it. If we want to see what God is saying, we need to come up to His level.
How then, Can We Access the Revelation of the Truth?
1. Be Born Again: The Bible is made up of mysteries and these mysteries are God’s secrets behind every biblical story. However, it is the unveiling of these secrets and their application that give us the turnarounds we desire. To an ordinary man, the Scripture is made up of stories, because until a man is redeemed, he cannot access the mysteries therein. The stories are made up of letters, while the mysteries are made up of Spirit and life. Without the impartation of the life in the Word, we can only access the stories of the Word; we cannot access the wonders in it (Mark 4:11). Hence, we need to spiritually align by being born again, so we can access the Spirit virtue in the Word.
2. Be Spiritual: It is very interesting to know that even though God’s Word is the heritage of the redeemed, it is only accessible by spirituality. As long as we are carnal, we cannot access light from heaven. This is the greatest challenge of the Church today. There are men who are filled with the Spirit, but only few truly walk in the Spirit (Revelation 1:10). They do not allow themselves to be used by the Holy Spirit, even when they are filled. We must be in the Spirit to hear what God is saying to us per time. That means our spirit-man needs to be actively alive, if we must engage heaven and hear God’s voice.
3. Be Filled with the Holy Spirit: We need the baptism of the Holy Spirit to break the limit off our access to the Word; otherwise, we are limited. The Holy Spirit enhances our access to the Word and brings us into realms of unlimited depth in the things of God, for He teaches us all things and without Him, we know nothing (John 16:12). And the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth (John 14:26). The Holy Spirit is real! When Peter exploded in revelation on the day of Pentecost, there was no way to access that realm except by the Holy Spirit. He became a professor in ministry, without opening any notebook (1 Corinthians 2:10). Thus, every believer is limited in access without the Holy Spirit.
4. We Must Thirst for the Word: There is a price to pay to gain access to our own word of command. It is a thirst price (Isaiah 55:1). In Agricultural Science, we understand that it is easy for sandy soil to get water because it is porous, but clay soil is thick; water cannot easily flow into it. We need to create a sandy situation around our hearts and that is where being thirsty comes in. There is always a need to create a thirst by which God’s Word moves us without restriction.
5. Connect to the Ministry of Teaching Priests: The ministry of the teaching priest is vital to our quest for light (the Word) that leads to our turnarounds. These teaching priests are endowed with divine access to unusual light, which grants us access to our own light as seen in the case of the children of Israel (2 Chronicles 15:3-4/8). The arrival of a teaching priest provoked a complete change of story. Therefore, by the ministry of the teaching priest, we take spiritual command to compel our all-round rest. Just a word from the Lord through a teaching priest can change any situation, if we open our hearts to receive it.
In summary, without genuine attention, we cannot get our sent Word. Triumphing in the world of command requires giving genuine attention to the Word. Many people do not have time for the issues of their lives; they keep waiting for that “one day”. There is no such day! Every day is the Lord’s Day, but the day we encounter our word is our day. If we don’t give attention to the Word, we will not get it because the Word of command requires genuine attention of the seeker. However, you must be born again. Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so.
Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now, I know I am born again!” For further reading, please get my books: Turnaround Power of the Word, The Force of Freedom, Walking in Dominion, Satan Get Lost, Born to Win and Fulfilling your Days. I invite you to fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have four services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m., and 11:30 a.m. respectively. I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280; or E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org; Face book: www.facebook.com/davidoyedepoministries/; Twitter: @DavidOyedepoMin
Please click to read other inspiring MESSAGES by Bishop David Oyedepo
David O. Oyedepo is a Nigerian Christian author, architect, preacher, and the founder and presiding bishop of the mega church, Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners’ Chapel