The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 25 March 2019 – The Holy Spirit Will Overshadow You
TOPIC: The Holy Spirit Will Overshadow You
READ: Luke 1:26-38 King James Version (KJV)
- Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,
- to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary.
- And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”
- But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was.
- Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
- And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus.
- He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.
- And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”
- Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”
- And the angel answered and said to her, “ The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.
- Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren.
- For with God nothing will be impossible.”
- Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.
Angel Gabriel told Mary that she had been chosen to become the mother of Jesus. This message contravened scientific laws guiding human conception. However, the angel assured her that a visitation of the Holy Spirit turns impossibilities to possibilities. Mary’s miracle was already discussed, concluded and packaged in heaven without her knowledge. Heaven visited her on an unexpected day.
Note that Mary created an environment for her divine purpose to be accomplished. She was chaste, though engaged (verse 7), an eroded quality today among the young and old. She was open to learn (verse 34) unlike some who are content to sit in ignorance about biblical truths and doctrines. Mary believed God’s word, acted by faith and spoke positively even before seeing changes in her body (verse 38). Learn from Mary. Always create a positive environment for heavenly visitation.
The Holy Spirit will come and overshadow your family and challenging situations. He will change the situations which have defied human strength and knowledge. So get ready for you are packaged for a miracle.
Prayer: Father help me to always expect and create an environment for heavenly visitation.