The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 17 March 2020 – Don’t Remain Mute, Cry Unto God!
TOPIC: Don’t Remain Mute, Cry Unto God!
READ: JUDGES 6:1-10 (NKJV)
- Then the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD. So the LORD delivered them into the hand of Midian for seven years,
- and the hand of Midian prevailed against Israel. Because of the Midianites, the children of Israel made for themselves the dens, the caves, and the strongholds which [are] in the mountains.
- So it was, whenever Israel had sown, Midianites would come up; also Amalekites and the people of the East would come up against them.
- Then they would encamp against them and destroy the produce of the earth as far as Gaza, and leave no sustenance for Israel, neither sheep nor ox nor donkey.
- For they would come up with their livestock and their tents, coming in as numerous as locusts; both they and their camels were without number; and they would enter the land to destroy it.
- So Israel was greatly impoverished because of the Midianites, and the children of Israel cried out to the LORD.
- And it came to pass, when the children of Israel cried out to the LORD because of the Midianites,
- that the LORD sent a prophet to the children of Israel, who said to them, “Thus says the LORD God of Israel: ‘I brought you up from Egypt and brought you out of the house of bondage;
- ‘and I delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians and out of the hand of all who oppressed you, and drove them out before you and gave you their land.
- ‘Also I said to you, “I [am] the LORD your God; do not fear the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.” But you have not obeyed My voice.’ “
In this passage, the children of Israel sinned against God and He delivered them into the hands of their enemies to torment them. They plundered them by taking away their crops while destroying those not taken. They thus impoverished them. This was an advanced terrorism. Fear was everywhere. This same scenario obtains in most countries of the world today, including Nigeria. The people of Israel cried unto God because of the Midianites and God, through a prophet, gave them the reason for their bondage – disobedience.
Evil in the land can provoke God’s anger on such land (Read Judges 2:11). When we are not in good relationship with God, we know. God may reveal such to us through His Word, through the ministration of the Holy Spirit and/or through His servants. When we are not in good terms with the Lord, we may forfeit our benefits as His children. Our privileges may also be tampered with. No matter your state now, God is expecting you to cry out unto Him for help. Don’t keep quiet, cry out. Confess your sins, no matter what they are and repent of them (1 John 1:8-10). God is ever ready to come to your rescue. Just call on Him today.
PRAYER: I cry out for help O Lord. I know You are able to save all those who trust in You