The Supremacy of Faith! By Bishop David Oyedepo
Topic: The Supremacy of Faith!
Welcome to another impactful week! I hope you were blessed by last week teaching. This week, we shall focus on: The Supremacy of Faith!
From scriptures, we discover that we engage in faith to tap into divine virtues, which in turn enhance our value. The Bible says: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report (Hebrews 11:1-2). Also, our vision can never deliver beyond the level of faith we are operating in. Hence, the beauty and colour of every vision is a function of the quality of faith that is employed. Therefore, without faith, our vision has no substance because it is faith that defines the substance of our vision. Every act of God in our lives is only realisable via faith and as long as our faith is on fire, we remain on flight and also in command of things happening around us. Thus, it is to us according to our faith, not according to our vision (Matthew 9:29). So, if our faith is down, our life and destiny will be down.
What, Then, is the Supremacy of Faith?
1. Faith Engages the Word for Performance: It engages the Word of God in order to enforce the delivery of our destiny and desires. The Bible records about Mary: …Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her (Luke 1:38).Sometimes, it may not be convenient for us but if it is commanded, we must engage in it because that’s the only way to where we are going and it is what determines the happenings in our lives. That is what makes faith a vital force that gets the job done. As long as our faith is in place, we remain in command over the issues of life.
2. Faith is A Spiritual Force: Faith is neither a psychological nor philosophical force; it is a spiritual force. It is not an intellectual issue either; it is a spiritual virtue that operates within the spirit of man not in his head. As it is written: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:10). Thus, whatever is working contrary to our inheritance in Christ, faith can stop it instantly. For instance, the woman with the issue of blood had her faith intact and her health was restored immediately (Mark 5:25-34).
3. Faith is a Spiritual Chemistry: It is the spiritual chemistry with which we quench the oppositions, clear obstacles and access our possessions. The Bible says: For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith (Mark 11:23). Every time faith is at work, a spiritual connection is established and that connection provokes the flow of virtue from God. That virtue flows to enhance our value.
4. Faith is A Living Force: It is a living force, drawn from the living Word to produce living proofs. That woman drew from Jesus, the Living Word, and a living proof was produced. Faith is not just believing that God can do something; it is being moved to do something to prove that we believe. When we are moved to act on what God commands, He is committed to perform. So, faith is an act. For it is written: But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6). Therefore, faith is the only way to move God in our direction and the only way to stop the devil from molesting us (Ephesians 6:16).
5. Faith is Hard Work: Faith is no cheap talk; faith is hard work. It is written: For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief (Hebrews 4:10-11). It requires a form of labour. We don’t wish for faith but work at faith. Faith does not answer to wishes; it answers to workings, that is, working with the Word of God. Whether it is conventional faith or supernatural faith, all forms of faith draw from our Word bank or reservoir. The things on our inside are what faith draws from; it has to be there before faith can draw. The Bible says: So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17; see also 2 Peter 1:5).
6. Faith is a Great Profession: Faith is no mere confession; it is a great profession. As it is written: Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; for he is faithful that promised (Hebrews 10:23). Profession here connotes definite skills. Thus, it requires skills to maximise its benefits (Hebrews 5:12-14).
In summary, faith is an asset of inestimable value, an unstoppable force which taps into the omnipotence of God, quenches all the fiery darts of the devil, addresses all satanic assaults and commits the integrity of divinity. However, you cannot experience the supremacy of faith unless you are born again. Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so. Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now, I know I am born again! For further reading, please get my books: Unlimited Power of Faith, Understanding the Power of Faith, Exploits of Faith and Born to Win!
I invite you to fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have four services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. respectively. I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280; or E-mail: email@example.com; Facebook: www.facebook.com/davidoyedepoministries/; Twitter: @DavidOyedepoMin.
David O. Oyedepo is a Nigerian Christian author, architect, preacher, and the founder and presiding bishop of the mega church, Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners’ Chapel