The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 2 MAY 2021 – You Need The Holy Spirit
TOPIC: You Need The Holy Spirit (Anglican Devotional 2 May 2021)
READ: John 16:5-22 (NKJV)
- ” But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’
- “But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.
- “Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
- “And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
- “of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
- “of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
- “of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
- “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear [them] now.
- “However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own [authority,] but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
- “He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare [it] to you.
- “All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare [it] to you.
- ” A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father.”
- Then [some] of His disciples said among themselves, “What is this that He says to us, ‘A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me’; and, ‘because I go to the Father’?”
- They said therefore, “What is this that He says, ‘A little while’? We do not know what He is saying.”
- Now Jesus knew that they desired to ask Him, and He said to them, “Are you inquiring among yourselves about what I said, ‘A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me’?
- “Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy.
- “A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
- “Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
It was necessary for Jesus to go in order that the ministry of the Holy Spirit might be established (verse 7). He is our Comforter when we are confused and in sorrow, our Counsellor when we need wisdom and guidance, our Intercessor when we need to pray, and Strength when we are weak. Are you confused about biblical issues or in need of salvation of a loved one? Pray for the conviction of the Holy Spirit concerning sin, righteousness and the fiery judgment of God. He guides into all truth; the hidden mysteries in business, educational and biblical doctrines. He guided me to read selected areas in a difficult course and I passed and on a business proposal which paid off a surmounting debt caused by thieves. He reveals future events to guide our actions.
The Holy Spirit will always honour and glorify God and will never contradict ANY part of the word of God. To benefit from His ministry, you must connect to Jesus by accepting Him into your life as the one who sends the Holy Spirit (verse 7). Do not delay to receive Him. If you do, the challenges of life can truncate your heavenly destiny due to lack of information from the Holy Spirit to guide you in your daily life. You simply cannot do without Him.
PRAYER: I open my heart today and receive the Lord Jesus. Lord please fill me with the Holy Spirit and help me to listen to His guidance always.