Topic: Dangers Of Losing Jesus [Open Heavens for Teens 29 May 2020]
Memorise: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: – Colossians 1:27
Bible Reading: Luke 2:40-46
- And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.
- Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.
- And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.
- And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
- But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day’s journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.
- And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.
- And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
Bible Reading In One Year: 1 CHRONICLES 26-27; JOHN 11:18-57
In Luke 2:40-46, Joseph and Mary went to Jerusalem for the annual Passover feast. On their way back, they left Jesus behind. They were so carried away with activities that they left behind the One behind the feast. Do you get carried away with church activities that you no longer have time to cultivate your relationship with the Lord of the Church?.
Today, so much importance is placed on Church members becoming workers. But the fact is a worker that does not have Jesus is of no use. Your personal relationship with Christ is more important to God than your service. A poor relationship with Him nullifies your service to Him.
There are many dangers of losing Jesus. Colossians 1:27 calls Jesus the hope of Glory. Anyone who loses Jesus has lost the hope of glory. Your glory is embedded in Christ. If you lose Him, you can never access that glory. Psalms 16:11 says fullness of joy comes from being with Christ.
If you lose Christ, it will surely tamper with your joy. If you lose Jesus, you have lost your helper. In a nutshell, no Jesus, no life.
Do everything you can to stay connected to Jesus daily.
Hymn: Take My Life, And Let It Be
1.Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
2.Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3.Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only for my King;
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4.Take my silver and my gold
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
5.Take my will and make it
Thine It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6.Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.