Living With Eternity In View By Pastor Paul Enenche
SUNDAY SERVICE – 17TH MAY 2020
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): PHILIPPIANS 3:20-21
MESSAGE TOPIC: LIVING WITH ETERNITY IN VIEW
BY: DR. PAUL ENENCHE
FUNDAMENTAL FACTS ABOUT THE LIFE AND EXISTENCE OF MAN:
- Man is an eternal being made in the image and likeness of an eternal God (Gen. 1:27)
Everybody you see will live forever; everybody who has ever been born will never die again
- Man’s life on earth is a temporary adventure, a fraction of man’s overall life (Jam. 4:14)
- The end of earthly life is the beginning of endless life in eternity (Dan. 12:2)
- God does not desire for anyone to be lost in hell, God desires for people to live with Him forever (Matt. 25:41; 2Pet. 3:8-9)
God is not looking for who to send to hell
The greater bulk of our lives will be spent in eternity, so wisdom demands that we pay attention to our eternal destination.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO LIVE WITH ETERNITY IN VIEW?
- Living in the present with the end in mind (1Pet. 4:7)
- Living and conducting our lives’ actions with eternity as the major consideration (Eccl. 12:13-14)
- Living in the now with readiness and preparedness for eternity (Matt. 25:13; 24:44-46)
- Living as strangers and pilgrims in the earth (1Pet. 2:11)
- Living in the world without forgetting yourself in the world (Phil. 3:20-21)
WHAT CONSTITUTES READINESS AND PREPAREDNESS WITH GOD IN HEAVEN?
- Be Born Again (John 3:3, 7-8; John 1:12; 1Pet. 1:23; 2Cor. 5:17; Rom. 8:16)
Being born again is not the joining of a church or being born into a church; being born again is recognizing that you are a sinner and that you need God’s mercy, then you come in repentance asking for God’s help; you then ask Jesus to save You and you accept Him into your life as Lord of your life.
- Live to please God with your life (Phil. 1:21; Matt. 3:17; 17:5; Rev. 4:11)
In your readiness for eternity, you don’t live to please yourself, society or the devil, you live to please your Maker
The way you are living now is giving pleasure to somebody – is it God? Is it yourself? Or is it the devil?
- Live with a conscience that is void of offence (Acts 24:16; Rom. 2:14-15; 1Tim. 1:19; 1Tim. 4:1-2)
Live with a conscience that is tender and alive
When you become a Christian, your conscience is more alive
A living conscience equals a healthy spiritual life; when conscience is dead life is doomed, both in this world and in the world to come
i. Conscience can become dead with repeated acts of rebellion
ii. Conscience can become dead with unconfessed sin
iii. Conscience can become dead with excusing away or justifying wrong deeds
- Live in the consciousness and company of His Presence (Ps. 17:15; 122:1; Jam. 4:8; 1Sam. 2:30)
If you don’t enjoy His Presence in this life, how will it be possible to access His Presence after this life?
If His Presence in this life is not your interest, it may not be your harvest after this life
- Live in His worship and service (Matt. 4:8-10; Deut. 4:24; Rev. 14:13)
Don’t worship anyone or anything but God if you want a place with God
We cannot worship and serve the flesh, serve money, or self-achievements, we are called to worship God in Kingdom expansion and enlargement
- Live as God’s representative in your generation (Matt. 5:14-16; Gal. 6:17; 1Pet. 2:9; Mark 8:38; Luke 9:25-26)
Live as an Ambassador of the Kingdom in your generation; live unashamedly for God in your generation, let His brand mark be found on your life
- Lay up treasures before God (Matt. 6:19-21; 1Tim. 6:17-19; Matt. 6:24)
Our actions with money give you a ranking before God
If you can show where the bulk of your money goes and show what excites you to spend your money on, it will be proof of where your heart is
- Do what you can defend before God (Matt. 12:36-37; Rom. 14:12; Eccl. 12:13-14)
Don’t do things because they feel good to do or before you see others doing them, do what is revealed to you by Scripture, what is your conviction from Scripture and what is defendable before God
- Follow peace and love with all men (Rom. 14:19; Heb. 12:14; Mark 12:28-33; Rom. 13:8-10; 1John 4:20; Rom. 12:18)
Your relationship with God as well as your relationship with people affect your eternity with God
Stop playing with malice and bitterness
- Look forward to His coming (Phil. 3:20-21; 1Cor. 16:22; Heb. 9:27-28)
The best satisfaction that money or anything can give you on earth is a shadow compared to one day in eternity with God
Those who look for Him, He will appear
Father, help me to be ready, help me to be prepared; help me not to forget myself in this wicked world, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, we ask for the arrest of the agenda of this evil plague that has kept the saints from gathering together in accordance to Your instructions, and has caused thousands to die and go to an unprepared eternity. We ask for the immediate arrest of the plague and the infections, and the immediate resumption of church services around the world, in Jesus’ Name.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-803-3144-509, 234-803-320-0320.