MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 26 December 2019 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Help From A Despised Source
TOPIC: Help From A Despised Source (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Daily Devotional 26 December 2019)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Haggai; Revelation 17
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Luke 10:25-33
MEMORY VERSE: “And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross.” – Matthew 27:32
There was distinct racial strain between Jews and Samaritans (John 4:9). They did not frequently interact with one another; and in some cases, outright hostility and hatred existed. But Jesus, early in His ministry, taught the Samaritans the truth of God. He ministered to the “Samaritan woman” and to the people of Samaria. Jesus is our best example in all things. The woman did not expect to find favour and help from a Jew. She got more help than she ever expected from Jesus. The parable of Jesus in our Fire Scripture reveals that there has been racial discrimination from time immemorial. Jesus came to provide solution to the problems of mankind. Through Him, all forms of prejudice and segregation were destroyed and removed.
The man who was attacked by thieves was a Jew. He was assaulted, wounded and left half dead. He needed help. There were probably more Jews than Samaritans around, and one would have expected that the man would get help quickly from one of the Jews. His expected source of assistance was from a fellow Jew, but the man got an unpleasant surprise. A priest passed by the road, saw the half-dead man and just passed by, offering no help. One would have thought that a religious and God-fearing personality like the priest would be the man’s source of help, but the priest could not be bothered. After this, a Levite came along, but he only looked at the wounded and half-dead man and also passed, making no effort to rescue the victim of attack by thieves. After this, a Samaritan passed by the place, saw the man and had compassion on him. He put his love and compassion for the man into action. He poured oil and wine on the wound and bandaged it. He then put the man on his donkey and took him to an inn where he paid for the man to be given treatment and care, promising to pay whatever more he needed to pay when returning from his trip.
In this story often called the Parable of the Good Samaritan, the source of assistance was not a kinsman or fellow citizen of Israel, but a despised Samaritan. We are reminded that one of the great tragedies of prejudice is that it may separate one from a potential source of assistance. The compassion of the Samaritan was all the more commendable in that the person he assisted, under normal circumstances probably would not have spoken to him. Christ has come to break down such division.
Beloved, Jesus is our best example. Be an imitator of Jesus. Say no to racial discrimination, ethnicity, tribalism and all other kinds of prejudice and segregation. God does not discriminate between the Jews and the Gentiles. He has broken down the walls of partition and anyone (Jew or Gentile) who believes in Him and obeys Him will enjoy His blessings. Jesus Christ is an epitome of love and unity. He desires the oneness of people of all races and prays for the oneness of His followers and unity in His body (the Church). Be Christ’s ambassador for love, peace and unity. The man in the story got help from a source he originally detested. God can use anyone as your destiny helper.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
YOU WILL DEMONSTRATE CHRIST’S LOVE AND BE QUALIFIED TO BE CALLED HIS TRUE FOLLOWER.
1. My Father, send destiny helpers into my life from expected and unexpected quarters, in the name of Jesus.
2. I receive the grace to identify and locate my destiny helper, in the name of Jesus.
3. Powers pushing my destiny helpers away from me, die, in the name of Jesus.
4. Father, give me the compassion of the Good Samaritan, in the name of Jesus.
5. Lord, give me the grace to care for the needy, in the name of Jesus.
6. I reject the spirit of prejudice and segregation in the body of Christ, in the name of Jesus.
7. Father, let all Christians the world over dwell together in unity, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
I Pray Your Way Into 2020
Day 3 – December 26, 2019
TOPIC: MY HEAVEN MUST OPEN
Scripture Reading: Mark 1
Confession: Isaiah 64:1
1 Dear Lord and Father of mankind,
Forgive our foolish ways;
Reclothe us in our rightful mind,
in purer lives Thy service ﬁnd,
ln deeper rev‘rence, praise.
ln simple trust like theirs who heard
2 Beside the Syrian sea
The gracious calling of the Lord,
Let us, like them, without a word.
Rise up and follow Thee.
3 Drop Thy still dews of quietness,
Till all our strivings cease;
Take from our souls the strain and
And let our ordered lives confess
The beauty of Thy peace.
4 Breathe through the heats of our desire
Thy coolness and Thy balm;
Let sense be dumb, let ﬂesh retire;
Speak through the earthquake, wind
O still, small voice of calm.
- O God l thank You, for You preserve my going out and coming in from this time forth and forever more, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, I thank You for delivering my soul from death, in the name of Jesus
- O God, arise and permanently stop my tears, in the name of Jesus.
- lf must cry, it shall be a cry of joy in the name of Jesus.
- Every satanic blanket covering my glory, catch ﬁre, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power gathered to disgrace me, scatter into powder, in Jesus‘ name
- Every obstacle to testimonies in my life, be uprooted by ﬁre, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord do what will make men notice You in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Curse of seeing good things but not obtaining them, break, in the name of Jesus.
- My cup of breakthroughs, run over, in the name of Jesus.
- l shall not miss my divine allocation, in the name of Jesus.
- My divine provision, locate me by ﬁre, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil label assigned to my life, blood of Jesus, ﬂush them out, in the name of Jesus.
- Henceforth, I shall be obtaining practical awesome results, in the name of Jesus.
Now make these confessions out loud
- I am a child of God, l am dwelling in the secret place of the most high God, I am protected and covered under the shadow of the wings of Jehovah, in the name of Jesus.
- The word of God is the power of God, and the entrance of the word of God into my life has brought the light of God into my life and darkness cannot comprehend it, in the name of Jesus.
- I send forth this light that is in me as a two-edged sword to destroy all the kingdoms of darkness, in the name of Jesus.
- The word of God is quick and powerful in my mouth. God has put the power of His word in my mouth, in the name of Jesus.
- I trust in the word of God. The word stands sure when I speak it. It will accomplish the purpose for which I have spoken it, in Jesus‘ name.
- Right now, I send the word of God as a missile to destroy all principalities, powers, thrones, rulers of darkness and all wicked spirits, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the word of God as a shield and covering over my life, in the name of Jesus.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234 (803) 078-0919 OR +234 (817) 363-1657.