MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 28 August 2019 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Avoiding The Tongue Trap
TOPIC: Avoiding The Tongue Trap (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Daily Devotional 28 August 2019)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 123-125; 1 Corinthians 10:1-18
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Proverbs 18:4-8, 20-21
MEMORY VERSE: “Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.” – Psalms 141:3
The tongue is one of the most powerful organs in the human body. Unfortunately, many people do not realise this and they have been trapped and destroyed through the misuse of their tongues.
Also Read: Open Heaven 28 August 2019 – Youths, Beware
The tongue is powerful and destructive. It can become a trap, which not only catch the body but also the soul. The Bible concludes that all those who do not know how to use the tongue or their mouths are fools: “A fool’s mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul”. Proverbs 18:7.
You cannot experience victory in life unless you know how to exercise control over your tongue. If you use your tongue negatively, you cannot expect the same tongue to have power over witches and wizards.
David, the Psalmist knows the awesome power that resides in the muscular organ called the tongue. That makes him pray to God to set a watch over before his mouth and keep the door of his lips. In modern transliteration, we can interpret this to mean a padlock in the mouth.
In order to live free from tongue traps, it is important that children of God learn many important facts relating to the tongue.
1. Silence is the best answer to avoid provocative actions.
2. The ears function better when the mouth is shut.
3. Wisdom is saying nothing when there is nothing to say.
4. You are no longer of your words once they leave the confines of your mouth.
5. A wise person talks less and thinks more.
6. If you say nothing, nobody will misquote you.
7. Your little tongue can kill or make alive.
Most people’s tongues need deliverance because they are under bondage. Major demons of the tongue that a believer has to be delivered of include: lying, negative talk, boasting and bragging, gossip, immorality, slander, using God’s name in vain, maligning, etc. Anybody who uses his or her tongue for the above is a reckless person and cannot be perfect or acceptable before God. The Bible says, “If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man and also able to bridle the whole body” (James 3:2).
In order to escape the tongue trap, a child of God need to know the dangers inherent in the misuse of the tongue, understands why God gave him a tongue, refuse to yield his tongue to the devil and always confess his sins before the Lord to receive cleansing and forgiveness.
Everything you think, say or do with your tongue as a believer must be weighed on the crucible of the word of God in Philippians 4:8. In addition to this, you must pray for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit which allows God to control your tongue. As you do this and yield your tongue to the Holy Ghost, the Lord will help you and empower you to avoid tongue traps and speak His word with power, in the name of Jesus.
THE ABILITY TO CONTROL THE TONGUE IS A SIGN OF PERFECTION.
Any tongue that rises against you in judgement shall be condemned.
1. I release myself from every cage of the tongue, in the name of Jesus.
2. My tongue will not send me to hell-fire, in the name of Jesus.
3. Holy Spirit, take perfect control of my tongue, in the name of Jesus.
4. O Lord, let my tongue bring forth life, in the name of Jesus.
5. I reverse every curse that I have issued upon my own life with my own tongue, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every tongue speaking evil into my life, be roasted, in the name of Jesus.
7. I dismantle every covenant of poverty in my life, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234 (803) 078-0919 OR +234 (817) 363-1657.