MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 28 December 2019 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Pay More Careful Attention
TOPIC: Pay More Careful Attention (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Daily Devotional 28 December 2019)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Zechariah 5-8; Revelation 19
FIRE SCRIPTURE: 1 Kings 13:11-22
MEMORY VERSE: “Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.” – Hebrews 2:1
Many believers, who would have lived glorious lives and made heaven, ended miserably because they were careless, negligent and disobedient. In our Memory Verse for today, the Lord admonishes us to pay more careful attention to the words we have heard and apply them correctly to our daily lives and situations. He gave us a reason for this important admonition; so that we do not slip or drift away.
Our world is full of distractions and other devices of the enemy that have been designed to take our focus away from God and His word. The enemy wants us to ignore God’s work, stop observing our Quite Time, discontinue fellowshipping with other Christians and abandon God completely. The enemy’s sole aim is to see believers drift away. When we make Bible study, memorisation, meditation and its application our daily routine, we will not drift away from the Lord and His way.
The word of God is our anchor and the Holy Spirit is our stabilizer. However, it is unfortunate that many believers fall, fail and experience needless or avoidable pain for neglecting God’s word as well as the prompting and direction of the Holy Spirit. When we do not pay careful attention to God’s word (lamp to our feet and light to our path) and the Holy Spirit (our Counsellor, Guide and Teacher), we directly or indirectly invite trouble.
The biblical account of the man of God in 1 Kings 13, provides several lessons for us today. The word of the Lord came to the man of God and commissioned him for an important assignment. The man of God went from Judah to Bethel by the word of God that came to him. He confronted Jeroboam, who was standing by the altar of God to burn incense (this was wrong on Jeroboam’s part). The man of God gave Jeroboam a powerful prophecy and Jeroboam stretched out his hand from the altar, ordering the arrest of the man of God for crying against the altar in Bethel. Then the hand of Jeroboam stretched out withered. The altar too was split apart and ashes poured out from it. At this point, king Jeroboam saw the supremacy of God’s power in the life of the man of God and begged him to intercede that God would restore his hand. The man of God prayed to God and the king’s hand was restored.
In order to show gratitude and honour to the man of God, king Jeroboam said, “Man of God, Come home with me, and refresh thyself, and I will give thee a reward.” The man of God replied that if the king would give him half of his house, he would not go with the king. Why? The man of God added, “For so it was commanded me by the word of the LORD, saying, “You shall not eat bread, nor drink water, nor return by the same way you came. So he went another way and did not return by the same he came to Bethel” (1 kings 13:8).
Beloved, as long as this man of God heeded God’s word and paid careful attention to the minute details, obeying the word to the letter, all was well with him. He demonstrated God’s power and prevailed against all oppositions. However, the man of God later met an old prophet who dissuaded him until he disobeyed God’s word. When he did, he lost divine presence and covering he once enjoyed. After he had eaten and drunk with the old prophet, he continued his journey and a lion killed him. We all need to pay heed to God’s word completely and always. Partial or incomplete obedience is costly. Beware!
Pay more attention to your Creator than your critics.
GRACE AND PEACE SHALL BE MULTIPLIED TO YOU EVERYDAY OF YOUR LIFE.
1. Lord, visit the foundation of my life and turn my bitterness to joy today, in the name of Jesus.
2. O Lord, arise and visit the camp of my enemies with vengeance today, in the name of Jesus.
3. I shall be visited by God and I shall be lifted, in the name of Jesus.
4. Father, give me a visit that will change the story of my life for the better, in the name of Jesus.
5. In all areas of my afflictions, Lord, visit me for total freedom, in the name of Jesus.
6. O Lord, visit every dark area of my life with Your fire and light now, in the name of Jesus.
7. Powers, visiting me for evil purposes, receive God’s visit of destruction today, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
I Pray Your Way Into 2020
Day 5 – December 28, 2019
TOPIC: GIVE ME OIL IN MY LAMP
Scripture Reading: Acts 1
Confession: Psalm 3:3
- O God, l thank You for You are kind to me and do not allow me to be put to shame, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, I thank You for turning me into an overcomer, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, laminate my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I tread upon every serpent of poverty assigned against my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power assigned to kill me, kill yourself, in the name of Jesus.
- Arise, O God, and let my environment be sanitised for dominion prosperity, in the name of Jesus.
- Every garment of sorrow prepared for my life, catch ﬁre, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power on any assignment to waste my life, fall down and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power assigned to toy with my destiny, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, let the labours of my enemy receive double failure, in the name of Jesus.
- Every circumstance, threatening to disrupt my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil call assigned against my life, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- The miracle that will make me a candidate of supernatural surprises, locate my life by ﬁre, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and let my past losses be restored sevenfold, in the name of Jesus.
Now make these confessions out loud
- The Lord has sent the fear and the dread of me upon all my enemies. The report or information of me shall cause them to fear, tremble and be in anguish, in the name of Jesus.
- l am of good cheer, and l believe in the sanctity and infallibility of God’s word, in the name of Jesus.
- According to this time, it shall be said of me and my family, what God has done, in the name of Jesus.
- I therefore command all enemy troops arrayed against me to scatter, as l call down the thunder fire of God upon them, in the name of Jesus.
- May the Lord God to whom vengeance belongs, pelt their ranks, ﬁles and strongholds with His stones of ﬁre, in the name of Jesus.
- l raise a dangerously high standard of the ﬂood of the blood of Jesus against their reinforcement, and l command all the encamped and advancing enemy troops to be roasted by ﬁre, in the name of Jesus.
- I possess the gate of the enemies and, with the blood of Jesus, I render their habitation desolate, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234 (803) 078-0919 OR +234 (817) 363-1657.