TOPIC: Understanding Of The Times (Sunday, 18th March 2018)
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
“And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.” – 1 Chronicles 12:32
Every age has its unique challenges, and those who understand the times tend to lead the way, whether it’s Ford Motor Company or a child of God. There is an interesting example of this in the Bible that comes to us from the days of Israel’s monarchy. Circumstances were changing as David was about to be crowned king of Israel. Saul was dead and the Benjamites had other ideas about the successor to the throne. But the other tribes were in favour of David as their king, and they had met in Hebron to turn the kingdom of Saul over to him. It was a tense time in Israel and there was a need for great wisdom to discern those times. At that point, two hundred leaders of the tribe of Issachar were highlighted as men who understood what was happening, and knew exactly what to do. “And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do.” (1 Chronicles 12:32). In other words, it is not just an understanding of the facts, but a skillful analysis of what something truly means or represents. The sons of Issachar had analysed their times and had perceived correctly what those times were all about. They knew what to do because they understood what was happening. It was obvious to them that Saul had not been a good king and there was no established dynasty to keep the kingship in the tribe of Benjamin. David had emerged as a real leader by virtue of his character and ability. He was the type of king Israel needed during those turbulent times.
Your understanding of time and season will influence your decision making ability, your choice, and eventually your success in every of your endeavour. There is time for everything under heaven. This means that we cannot be careless with time. We need to do the right thing at the right time. In the time of creation, the Scripture tells us that God spent each day creating certain things. At the end of the sixth day, he stopped creation and rested. Likewise, God wants His children to know what to do at a time and not to waste time doing what they are not supposed to do. If this is true, it means that a believer should always inquire from God what should be done at every point in time, the prayers to be prayed in each particular season and even where to live or work at a time and God’s expectations of him at every point in time. Pray that God should give you an understanding of time and apply it when due.
Knowing what to do can give a person the edge.
May the eyes of your understanding, be enlightened in these last days.
1. I take authority over the religious spirits that cover the eyes of the people from the knowledge of the true God, in the name of Jesus.
2. I take authority over Apollyon, the spirit of religion that covers the eyes of the people from the knowledge of the true God, in the name of Jesus.
3. I take authority over the spirits of the end times, in the name of Jesus.
4. I decree that the hindrances that are preventing believers from having dominion over the mountain of religion shall clear away from my life, in the name of Jesus.
5. I decree that the hindrances of rebellion, contrary thought patterns, preventing believers from having dominion shall clear away from my life, in the name of Jesus.
6. I decree that the hindrances of evil covenants and ordinances, evil altars and occultism preventing believers from having genuine encounter shall clear away from my life, in the name of Jesus.
7. I receive the power to exercise the authority given by the Lord to the Church and close the gate of idolatry and false worship, in the name of Jesus.
“If you missed yesterday devotional, please click to read MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional HERE“
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
Flatimes’ Notice Board: Please do not prolong your salvation if you have not repented. Many are going home daily and tomorrow maybe too late…There is still hope, JESUS LOVES YOU!