POWER COMMUNION SERVICE – 12TH SEPTEMBER 2018
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): PSALM 5:12
MESSAGE TOPIC: OPEN DOORS THROUGH UPRIGHTNESS
SERVICE OBJECTIVE: Understanding the open door power of uprightness, integrity or Godly character
It is well known throughout scripture that good character opens doors and bad character closes doors
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF OPEN DOORS BY GOOD CHARACTER:
1. Godly character opened the marital door for Rebekah (Gen. 24:12-22, 66-67)
2. Godly character opened the door of supply for Elisha the prophet (2 Kings 4:8-11)
Character is perceivable; people’s perception of you determines your possession in life
3. Godly character opened the door of total recovery for King David (1Sam. 30:1-19)
Be careful with how you deal with people – the person you deal with today may invite people to deal with you tomorrow! (1Sam. 30:1-19)
It is confirmed that good character is far more profitable than bad character
4. Godly character opened the door for Moses (Exo. 2:15-22,3:1)
Inside your passion is your portion
When you live beyond yourself, you live beyond your limit
5. Godly character opened the door of the womb for the Shunamite woman (2Kings 4:9-17)
Where the key of faith fails to work, the key of character will work
The door that faith fails to open, character will open it
6. Godly character opened the door of salvation for the Centurion and the whole of the Gentile world (Acts 10:1-6)
Character will give you what money can’t give
Your character will open the door that your money cannot open.
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF CLOSED DOORS BY BAD CHARACTER:
1. Ungodly character closed the door of destiny for Reuben, the first born of Jacob (Gen. 35:22; 49:3-4; 1Chron. 5:1-2)
There is no compromise without consequence, no iniquity without returns
Never tamper with bad character; the consequences may not be immediate but they must happen!
2. Ungodly character closed the door of destiny for Gehazi (2 Kings 5:20-27)
3. Ungodly character closed the door of destiny for Samson (Judg. 16:18-21)
i. The loss of character is the loss of power
ii. Every attack on character is an attack on the future
iii. The end of character is the beginning of captivity
4. Ungodly character closed the destiny of Judas Iscariot (John 12:1-6; Matt. 26:24-26, 27:3-5)
The loss of character equals the loss of destiny; the worth of your life is determined by the weight of your character
FACTS ABOUT GODLY CHARACTER, INTEGRITY AND UPRIGHTNESS:
1. Godly character, integrity or uprightness guides; it assists to know the best way to go in life (Ps. 32:1-2,5, 8; Prov. 11:3)
2. Godly character, integrity or uprightness speaks; it speaks for you where nothing and nobody is
there to speak for you (Gen. 30:33a; Rom. 10:6)
Righteousness has a voice; when you can’t speak for yourself, your character speaks for you, when nobody can speak for you, your track record will speak for you; when there is controversy, it is your character that will speak for you
3. Godly character, integrity or uprightness provokes` favour (Ps. 5:12; Esth. 2:15; Prov. 13:15; Dan. 1:8-9)
Favour travels in the direction of character
KEYS TO GODLY CHARACTER:
1. Love God with passion (Mark 12:28-31)
i. Seek to please God above self
ii. Make God the centre of your life; let your life centre around God
iii. Make God your life’s priority and you most dominant desire
2. Love your neighbour as yourself (Mark 12:28-31; Ps. 32:1-5)
i. Live with the consideration of the feelings and welfare of others
ii. Be conscious of the impact of your actions on the emotions and wellbeing of others
iii. Include others in your life’s equation
If you love God with passion and love your neighbour as yourself, you have already taken care of your character. The rest will take care of itself.
Father, I ask that You will give me the grace to love You with passion and to love my neighbour as myself. I receive it now, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, draw me closer to You. Help me to live for You and to do Your will, in Jesus’ Name
Communion of open doors, refreshing and revival; The same integrity that our Master Jesus lived by is released upon you. God shall use this communion to bring the best out of you!
– Whatever is stinking, smelling or embarrassing around your life, whatever package the enemy placed in your life as a reproach is returning back to where it came from now in Jesus’ Name! That shame is being replaced with dignity and honour in Jesus’ Name!
– Tonight, your questions are answered and any confusion around your life has been cleared!
– Direction is coming for you tonight – that step to take and move to make shall be made known to you tonight!
– Your greatest need and concern shall be met today in Jesus’ Name!
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, 07026385437 OR 08141320204.